Eagles trade a 5th and Marcus Johnson for Seahawks Michael Bennett and a 7th Round Pick [UPDATE: Bennett Indicted?]

Blahstoise

20 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

This POS has to go.. Has no problem verbally attacking and protesting cops but conducts himself like this.

I bet you guys regret letting Vinny Curry go, I don't see anyway this guy doesn't get a large suspension 

You also have no problem attacking somebody before knowing the facts.

19 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

The video is finally on social media and doesn't show the incident.  Looks like they where in the stands and she paused the recording until they got on the field.  No proof to help him

Do we know that is the video that his sister is talking about? Did she release that video?

It looks edited, so maybe there is other footage.

Either way as it stands there is no video footage of the incident, but I have to think his sister or somebody caught it. Everyone has their phone out after a team wins the SB.

43 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Do we know that is the video that his sister is talking about? Did she release that video?

It looks edited, so maybe there is other footage.

Either way as it stands there is no video footage of the incident, but I have to think his sister or somebody caught it. Everyone has their phone out after a team wins the SB.

Bleeding Green Nation is saying that's the video she was talking about. It definitely looks like someone edited it

2 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Bleeding Green Nation is saying that's the video she was talking about. It definitely looks like someone edited it

Where does it say that?

It just says they discovered this video. It doesn't say that its the video she was talking about.

And, it also the following:

It’s possible Ashley Bennett still possesses the unedited footage of any events that took place between those two moments. It’s also possible she wasn’t recording in that span. We’ll see.

I guess we'll see if there is more footage or not.

Keep seeing this drama on my twitter feed, on the television, seems like a pretty crappy situation... begs the question "did we give up a 5th for essentially nothing?" And do you know what my answer to that question is?...........

LMAO won a SB don't care

Upon listening to the Houston Police Chief, I didn't like how he spoke calling Bennett "morally corrupt" and then backpedaling calling Bennett "morally bankrupt".  This so-called LEO professional and leader seemed way too personally invested/biased against Bennett for whatever reason and drawing on a great deal of emotion than should have been of someone in his profession and position.

I feel like there is an axe to grind against him due to Bennett's prior criticism of the police.  I also find the whole waiting 14 months before bringing charges against him a little strange.

I also find it hard to believe that the Seahawks didn't know of this incident of their player.  If they did know, the Eagles should be allowed to void the trade if he get suspended and/or goes to prison.

It should be interesting to see how this plays out.

23 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Upon listening to the Houston Police Chief, I didn't like how he spoke calling Bennett "morally corrupt" and then backpedaling calling Bennett "morally bankrupt".  This so-called LEO professional and leader seemed way too personally invested/biased against Bennett for whatever reason and drawing on a great deal of emotion than should have been of someone in his profession and position.

I feel like there is an axe to grind against him due to Bennett's prior criticism of the police.  I also find the whole waiting 14 months before bringing charges against him a little strange.

I also find it hard to believe that the Seahawks didn't know of this incident of their player.  If they did know, the Eagles should be allowed to void the trade if he get suspended and/or goes to prison.

He was so odd. He clearly doesn't have much experience dealing with high profile cases. It should have been a business meeting basically. Just laying out the facts and what he's been charged with. Instead he was all heated and personally attacking him. And he mentions that he was happy they got the decision to indict from the jury and when he was recalling he said he was blantanly disrespectful to the woman who "makes a fraction of what he makes." Huh? What does that have to do with a criminal case? 

Hes taking it awfully personal and also seems more than positive he knows what happened although it was just one recount from another officer, which is arguable at best. 

I really think he's ruffled too many cop feathers and they've had enough and they're trying to stick him. He gets found guilty of this, all his credibility goes out the window. He's been very vocal about the way cops are handling themselves on them skreets. I would be salivating if I were Bennet's lawyers though. They don't have enough to find him guilty of much. Doubtful it would even go to trial though. 

11 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

like a normal human being, im going to reserve any hate i have for bennet until i find out if he actually did something or not.

That is not a normal human response on the internet. On the internet, we react with absolute certainty by only reading headlines. 

Come on man what is wrong with you? Weirdo.......

20 hours ago, jonu62882 said:

Disagree. It's on Howie and our FO to do their due diligence. Just like with draft picks. There's no way they weren't aware of this. Highly unlikely. 

If so, oh well. Screwed the pooched, live with it. This isn't some hidden Medical issue. No reason to void.

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

That is not a normal human response on the internet. On the internet, we react with absolute certainty by only reading headlines. 

Come on man what is wrong with you? Weirdo.......

Hey man I'm only interested in one thing and one thing only.

giphy.gif

Really? 
This isn't a race issue.  It is a privilege and grandstand issue.

Let's take the first part.
I understand (because I enjoy) white privilege.  But, there are other privileges, too.
There's "rich privilege," "famous privilege," "attractive privilege," "I'm bigger than you privilege," and so on.
Bennett enjoyed many of these and probably exercised them ..... and likely got upset when they were denied.
After all, he's a self-proclaimed "jerk-a."

So, when confronted by a denial he proclaimed his privilege and bullied his way through.
In the aftermath there was an injury of sorts.
I describe it as such not because I disbelieve, but because I do not know.
The woman could have a dislocated shoulder or have an overly pronounced "old people" bruise that could also have been caused by a pillow ... or ... it could have been anything in between.
However, that has to be determined by the evidence in court.

In the meantime, the "cowboy" sheriff on the case was on the media like a hobo on a hot dog.
It has been widely speculated that this was retaliation for Bennett's stance on police brutality.
But, Acevedo has been pretty transparent and has stood for liberal causes.
This seems more like an opportunity to make a name for himself off the reputation of another.

To compound matters, the law being enforced is absurdly vague and exclusive.
But, I'll talk about that later if necessary.

Suffice it to say, this is probably going nowhere.
I mean, OJ beat murder.  This is just "beating up an old lady."  LOL - TIC 
The only thing in common being "privilege."
Oh, and the little matter of Mr. Goodell.

Archived