The Great Debate... Five Guys VS In-N-Out

Five Guys or In-N-Out?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Five Guys or In-N-Out?

• Five Guys
    • In-N-Out

On 3/14/2018 at 6:25 PM, MookieMonster said:

Honestly don't understand how anyone would pick In N Out...That place is so damn bad. Would legit go to Burger King and McDonalds over that joint.

Ok we get it.. you literally HATE In N Out. It doesn't even seem normal at this point reading all of your hate posts in here. 

19 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I've had both and In N Out is way better. Everyone that I know on the west coast, that has both places, prefers In N Out and it's not even close. Taste doesn't even compare. Yeah In N Out Fries suck but we're comparing burgers here. I feel like there is a lot of East Coast bias here from people who either A) Haven't tried In N Out and/or B) People tired of listening to the hype. 

The West Coast love for In N Out and the Southern love for Whataburger are truly baffling to me. At least In N Out is like a 5 or 6/10 burger. Whataburger is like a 2.

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

The West Coast love for In N Out and the Southern love for Whataburger are truly baffling to me. At least In N Out is like a 5 or 6/10 burger. Whataburger is like a 2.

Nor do I understand the East Coast's love for Five Guys. It is trash. Taste like any generic burger. Nor have I met anyone who prefers it to In N Out. I'll still eat Five Guys over rubbish places such as McDonalds, BK, etc. 

I do want to try the Shake Shack chain in New York though, looks pretty good. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Nor do I understand the East Coast's love for Five Guys. It is trash. Taste like any generic burger. Nor have I met anyone who prefers it to In N Out. I'll still eat Five Guys over rubbish places such as McDonalds, BK, etc. 

I do want to try the Shake Shack chain in New York though, looks pretty good. 

I don't live on the East Coast, nor do I know anyone who raves about five guys. Calling it trash is highly exaggerated though. It's still better than 75% of fast food burgers.

20 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I don't live on the East Coast, nor do I know anyone who raves about five guys. Calling it trash is highly exaggerated though. It's still better than 75% of fast food burgers.

Not as exaggerated as OP using trash and In N Out in the same sentence like ten times. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Not as exaggerated as OP using trash and In N Out in the same sentence like ten times. 

It's really not though. In N Out is not good. The burger is a generic burger, the bun is ordinary, the fries are the WORST in the business.

In N Out caught the "secret menu" hype at the perfect time and West Coast people feel some weird need to hype it up. Legit the only reason it's even mentioned as good. Its just completely mediocre food.

2 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

It's really not though. In N Out is not good. The burger is a generic burger, the bun is ordinary, the fries are the WORST in the business.

In N Out caught the "secret menu" hype at the perfect time and West Coast people feel some weird need to hype it up. Legit the only reason it's even mentioned as good. Its just completely mediocre food.

Everyone who doesn't have one HAS to go to in n out when they go out west. Its got fame off of there only being a select market. I've lived on both sides of the country and in n out is super overrated. I'm with your opinion. I like 5 guys too but its nothing to write home about either. Its kind of expensive for burgers and fries too. I like the habit.

Living close to the right coast, we don't have In N Out but everyone obviously raves how wonderful it is. When I went to AZ for work, I tried it and it's alright. Nothing great. I've never had a bad burger from 5 Guys. It's consistently solid. 

Plus, cajun fries >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I saw someone say Smash Burger. It's better than In N Out also IMO.  I miss their Red Hot seasoning they used to have. Only place I've ever come across that uses(d) it.

Archived