Browns trade for Jarvis Landry

bosko1616

Just now, duke2056 said:

Wes Welker had ONE year where he had more yards per reception than Landry had in 2016.  Just an FYI. 

So we're dropping in and picking out Landry's anomaly year as what we are expecting from him? That was the year he had the least targets and receptions outside of his rookie yer. So, is he going to catch everything in sight or is he gonna have a decent YPC? If we're cherry picking stats, it looks like it has to be one or the other.

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Now there's rumors that the Browns might not sign him long-term quite yet... if that's true then I'm not too pleased.

why? franchise him next year.  now we dont have to hear fgk complain about big money long term right now

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

So we're dropping in and picking out Landry's anomaly year as what we are expecting from him? That was the year he had the least targets and receptions outside of his rookie yer. So, is he going to catch everything in sight or is he gonna have a decent YPC? If we're cherry picking stats, it looks like it has to be one or the other.

dude had jay cutler as his qb last year.
we'll have 

dammit

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

Wes Welker didnt even do anything in the league until he is about the age Landry is right now. 

Just now, duke2056 said:

Wes Welker didnt even do anything in the league until he is about the age Landry is right now. 

This is a fair point. I mean, I don't think a 25 year old, four year veteran is going to suddenly turn into a vertical runner overnight, but he definitely shouldn't decline quickly either, so he does have that going for him.

People looking just a bit too much at numbers, including me, but only doing it to refute some of the silliness going on here.  I didnt realize setting an NFL record for catches in the firs 4 years was a bad thing.  It's not like he averages 5 yards a catch.  Career he is over 10.  He actually just might improve.  

If we wanna go back to Welker, it took Welker till year 4 and TOM BRADY to do anything, and even is career YPC is only a bit over 10

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

This is a fair point. I mean, I don't think a 25 year old, four year veteran is going to suddenly turn into a vertical runner overnight, but he definitely shouldn't decline quickly either, so he does have that going for him.

Or he could someday get to play with a better QB than garbage Tannehill and Cutler.

Archived