Browns trade for Jarvis Landry

bosko1616

1 minute ago, duke2056 said:

Or he could someday get to play with a better QB than garbage Tannehill and Cutler.

I mean, you play how you play man. Gordon was the best WR in the league with like, Hoyer and Weeden. If he was going to have vertical ability I think it would've showed up by now. And it's not like he was playing in a Jeff Fischer offense. Adam Gase (supposedly) knows what he's doing with offensive scheming.

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I mean, you play how you play man. Gordon was the best WR in the league with like, Hoyer and Weeden. If he was going to have vertical ability I think it would've showed up by now. And it's not like he was playing in a Jeff Fischer offense. Adam Gase (supposedly) knows what he's doing with offensive scheming.

We know what he is. He’s not Josh Gordon. He’s not dynamic. He’s a good football player that will catch in the region of 90-100 balls and help move the chains. He’ll also add credibility to this team as well as name value in the eyes of other players in the league. They might even be more inclined to sign for us if they see we have other good players.

For a team that has the most cap space in the league by far and just finished 0-16 with no semblance of offensive rhythm or the ability to sustain drives, it’s well worth it for a middle round pick.

7 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Good, we can't have the forum against both of us.

Of course we are going to be against you.   We are fans of the browns.  We don't get pretty things, and when we do, you want to tell us how ugly it is.

If it is, let us just live in bliss tonight and let us realize in due time! :-P

3 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

And Landry had 400 catches in 4 years.  Why does he have to be a vertical guy?  Maybe things could open up in that area if he plays with more competent WRs around him also.  Not like Miami was flush with great WRs.  

He's a good WR.  We overpaid to get him.  Now we have him.  Our offense just got a lot better.  

I'm a Ravens fan who wouldn't have minded getting Landry but I'm not heart broken about it. Wishing you guys the best with him. 

Having Landry, Flash Gordon and 2 top 4 picks. Grabbing Barkley and perhaps another offensive piece. You think that would be enough to entice Cousins to come to town? 

I despise you guys, don't get me wrong but I love competition and like seeing teams succeed. I would be pretty happy if you guys could have a offensive core such as this. 

For those who are "concerned" about the salary cap............if we ever HAVE to make a move to get back under the cap, it just might be a good problem to have if we have more good players on the team.  

But that is still 100 million away

Don’t love the idea of giving up picks and paying a huge salary for a slot guy.

That said, we as fans don’t know who else was or wasn’t interested in playing here.  If the top guys aren’t, I’m glad the got sonebody for the QB to throw to besides Flash. 

I don’t think he’s as good as his raw numbers or salary indicates though.  

First off....I didn't read everybody's stuff, but I'm happy about this. 

1. Got a Proven WR that can catch a ball

2. It helps with the $59 mil use it or lose it. People may not care about that, but that's how you can manipulate opportunities. 

3. Most off all, it gives whatever Qb the Browns want another solid threat to expose a defense. 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Don’t love the idea of giving up picks and paying a huge salary for a slot guy.

That said, we as fans don’t know who else was or wasn’t interested in playing here.  If the top guys aren’t, I’m glad the got sonebody for the QB to throw to besides Flash. 

I don’t think he’s as good as his raw numbers or salary indicates though.  

We have so much money, and are bereft of reliable, good football players. In my opinion, we can afford to drop a couple mid round picks and a steep contract for a guy that has 400 catches in 4 years, even if all of those catches are for 8 yards a pop. He’s only 25 too.

For an 0-16 team, just having a player with name recognition and league wide credibility is valuable.

Hopefully Cousins is keeping an eye on this developing situation...

13 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Jarvis did what he was asked to do. He can run intermediate routes and deeper routes as well see the Prow Bowl for reference. Also don't put too much value in the Gase is an offensive guru myth because he's not. I've watched him for two seasons now and honestly his play calling was horrible last season he seemed to regress.  Jarvis is no speed demon but you guys will love his tenacity. He just makes plays think Hines Ward with better hands.

Archived