Browns trade for Jarvis Landry

bosko1616

4 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Hopefully it's a 4th and 7th.

See, this I'd be way less ticked about. The sweet spot on this draft is the late 1st to late 3rd/early 4th. I'm down with giving up any and all picks after that.

20 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

See, this I'd be way less ticked about. The sweet spot on this draft is the late 1st to late 3rd/early 4th. I'm down with giving up any and all picks after that.

If right, then I'm significantly less ticked about the whole thing. The 3rd this year and 4th/5th next year originally speculated would've hurt, this barely stings. So while a financial overpay, it's not too bad on picks, much more palatable. 

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

If right, then I'm significantly less ticked about the whole thing. The 3rd this year and 4th/5th next year originally speculated would've hurt, this barely stings. So while a financial overpay, it's not too bad on picks, much more palatable. 

The difference in player between 3rd and 4th round is negligible.  I’m super juiced now tho 

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I can be on board with that especially if we don't sign him long term. Wait it out and tag him again if need be. It is not like money is an issue and I don't want to be stuck with a athletically limited slot guy for years.

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

The difference in player between 3rd and 4th round is negligible.  I’m super juiced now tho 

It really isn't. Especially this year where the top 20 isn't as good as usual but the 20-80 guys are maybe a little better than average. Plus, we don't know WHICH 4th is was. It could be the Panthers 4th #PrayingHands

4 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I can be on board with that especially if we don't sign him long term. Wait it out and tag him again if need be. It is not like money is an issue and I don't want to be stuck with a athletically limited slot guy for years.

If we leave him on the tag, it makes a lot of sense as that would take up our "one year" cap overage (same as Tyrod) and allow us to still us a big chunk on multi-year deals. 

That said, I'm guessing they have an extension worked out and just have to iron out details.

38 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Lets pretend like 1100 yards on 160 targets is special. His 10.1 YPC says it all. Lets also pretend like this guys 4.65 dash and 1.73 split and 28.5 vertical he posted are suddenly going to make him a great deep threat just because the Browns are going to use him different. Sounds to me more like Hue Jackson trying to pound another square peg into a round hole.

Who cares what his combine numbers were. Wes Welker had similar combine numbers as well. He also had similar stats in the NFL and was considered the best slot WR in the NFL for years. Landry is a good WR. He is at this point the 2nd best WR on the Browns, and adds an extra dimension to the Browns offense with his ability from the slot. Sounds to me Hugh is trying to add some different elements to his offense. It's a good move by the Browns.

Archived