Browns trade for Jarvis Landry

bosko1616

8 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I'm a Ravens fan who wouldn't have minded getting Landry but I'm not heart broken about it. Wishing you guys the best with him. 

Having Landry, Flash Gordon and 2 top 4 picks. Grabbing Barkley and perhaps another offensive piece. You think that would be enough to entice Cousins to come to town? 

I despise you guys, don't get me wrong but I love competition and like seeing teams succeed. I would be pretty happy if you guys could have a offensive core such as this. 

God bless the AFC North!!

I don't think we're going to make a strong play for Cousins, scuttlebutt is we'll go after McCarron or another bridge QB and grab a rookie #1. Our receiving corps + barely would be instance respectable offense, though. Thanks for the well wishes, I'll be rooting for you guys twice next season...when you play the Steelers! :)

3 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

We have so much money, and are bereft of reliable, good football players. In my opinion, we can afford to drop a couple mid round picks and a steep contract for a guy that has 400 catches in 4 years, even if all of those catches are for 8 yards a pop. He’s only 25 too.

For an 0-16 team, just having a player with name recognition and league wide credibility is valuable.

Hopefully Cousins is keeping an eye on this developing situation...

I get it, but the 400 catches only mean so much. He’s not making big plays, stretching the defense or drawing double coverages.

We’re better than we were this am, but for 12+ million a year and 2 picks I’d hope so.

We’ll see what the picks are too.  

I like this more than Kenny Britt though, I’ll say that much.

I’m not mad, but I’m not gonna pretend we just signed OBJ or something.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get it, but the 400 catches only mean so much. He’s not making big plays, stretching the defense or drawing double coverages.

We’re better than we were this am, but for 12+ million a year and 2 picks I’d hope so.

We’ll see what the picks are too.  

I like this more than Kenny Britt though, I’ll say that much.

I’m not mad, but I’m not gonna pretend we just signed OBJ or something.

Yeah I see both sides of the coin. Who knows, maybe the real value of his signing hasn't been seen yet? Honey Badger and Cousins to buy in with him, that would be something.

3 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Yeah I see both sides of the coin. Who knows, maybe the real value of his signing hasn't been seen yet? Honey Badger and Cousins to buy in with him, that would be something.

This is where my position would change fast. If this was a play to get more legitimacy before FA, then I could see it paying off tangentially even if Landry himself never really justifies a 15M AAV contract.

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Are you going to pretend like Jarvis Landry doesn't have 2 seasons with 1,000+ yards as well? Or that fact that he is still just 25 years old? Or that he had 9 receiving touchdowns last year, which if I'm not mistaken is almost twice as many receiving touchdowns as Pryor has in his entire career

Lets pretend like 1100 yards on 160 targets is special. His 10.1 YPC says it all. Lets also pretend like this guys 4.65 dash and 1.73 split and 28.5 vertical he posted are suddenly going to make him a great deep threat just because the Browns are going to use him different. Sounds to me more like Hue Jackson trying to pound another square peg into a round hole.

I'm confused about what we gave up for him now. And why we gave up whatever it was. If we aren't going after Cousins, why not go for a higher ceiling guy? Like, supposedly we gave up our 3rd this year and whatever next, but now that 3rd went for Tyrod.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Landry is an upgrade over the entire Sachi receivers draft. 

Better than Coleman, Higgins, Louis, Payton.

also better than any receiver sachi acquired.

Sashi didn't have the luxury of watching those players play in the league first. Lets not act like John Dorsey is some wizard.

I am less upset knowing we have not given up a 1st or 2nd in the deal but a 3rd rounder is still too much. We shall see.

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'm confused about what we gave up for him now. And why we gave up whatever it was. If we aren't going after Cousins, why not go for a higher ceiling guy? Like, supposedly we gave up our 3rd this year and whatever next, but now that 3rd went for Tyrod.

Hopefully it's a 4th and 7th.

The report stated it wasn't a second, and technically that's what the 64th is, even if it's the last pick of the round.

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Sashi didn't have the luxury of watching those players play in the league first. Lets not act like John Dorsey is some wizard.

I am less upset knowing we have not given up a 1st or 2nd in the deal but a 3rd rounder is still too much. We shall see.

I’m not calling him a wizard. 

Thinking about it further if Landry isn’t a hyper competitive guy it is a bad trade. 

Who the hell hell wants to play the slot in the nfl if they aren’t actually a bit unhinged.

Archived