Browns trade for Jarvis Landry

bosko1616

Landry is a great short/intermediate threat in the slot. He's not a downfield weapon or a guy you love on the outside. That said, we don't know if Corey Coleman is any of the above or if Gordon can stay clean for a full year. We're better today after making this trade, and that's all that matters.

I'll wait for the haters to wait until halfway through the season and cherry pick the best 3rd/4th rounder in the draft and say "See, blah blah blah, we could have had (insert that guy's name here), blah blah blah."

I'd rather trade for a proven commodity than roll the dice on a 3rd rounder (times two). For every Schobert/Kirksey, I'll raise you a Travis Wilson and Andre Davis.

I like it! And we didn't give up a second round pick! Landry may be somewhat one-dimensional, but we only need him to be a possession receiver. We have Gordon and Coleman (if he can be more consistent and stay healthy) to take the top off of defenses, which will allow for Landry to work things underneath. And Landry will in return open things up for Gordon and Coleman.

4 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

He possesses a lot of similarities to a guy like Wes Welker when you look at the "raw numbers".

Other than catching the ball a lot, not really. 

Landry has had two seasons above 9.0 yards per catch and two at or below. From 2006-2013 Welker had ZERO seasons below 9.0 yards per catch and only ONE below 10 yards per catch (9.9 in 2010). Welker WAS (like Landry) really good at finding room underneath, but he could use that skill to surprise people and run vertical routes too, something Landry hasn't shown yet (maybe he develops it, but IMO you draft guys for who they WILL be, you sign guys for who they are now.)

And even if he was, I don't remember anyone lining up to pay Wes Welker like he was 5th best WR in the sport (a 14.5M AAV as currently being floated would put Landry behind only Antonio Brown, Deandre Hopkins, and A.J. Green.)

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

And even if he was, I don't remember anyone lining up to pay Wes Welker like he was 5th best WR in the sport (a 14.5M AAV as currently being floated would put Landry behind only Antonio Brown, Deandre Hopkins, and A.J. Green.)

In 2 years he will be like the 15th or 20th highest paid WR>

Just now, duke2056 said:

He had 1100+ yards in 2015 and 2016, and averaged over 12 YPC in 2016.

I will be pretty excited if his "bad" season for us is 100+ damn catches for 900+ damn yards.  

Sure. He could do this. If we literally throw him the ball 25-30% of the time like Miami did to get those numbers. But if Gordon/Coleman stay healthy, that's not gonna happen (I hope). 

Anyway, I'll hope he's better than he's shown so far or that we aren't paying as much as is rumored. We'll see.

Sure. He could do this. If we literally throw him the ball 25-30% of the time like Miami did to get those numbers. But if Gordon/Coleman stay healthy, that's not gonna happen (I hope). 

Anyway, I'll hope he's better than he's shown so far or that we aren't paying as much as is rumored. We'll see.

See my last post.  Did you think Welker was important to New England?  Same YPR basically, and it wasnt with the GOAT at QB.

Even casting aside the nature of the 400 catches in four years which is more than any Browns player period since the return.

Reputable name value as well goes a long way for this team.

He is a respected talent in this league. Maybe Honey Badger sees something in signing for the Browns now that his boy plays here too.

Maybe Cousins sees something...

coleman isnt gonna be here

Archived