Packers trade Damarious Randall to Browns for DeShone Kizer, picks

49erurtaza

Just now, jrry32 said:

Yes. Use those second round picks to stock the farm with young, cheap players. They'll have a shot at a plenty good FS with one of those picks. Or they can add a guy like Eric Reid in FA. Don't waste a pick on an aging player (Thomas) or an injury prone player who hasn't looked the same since his last major injury (Mathieu). 

But the reason the Browns are in this situation is because they have too many young cheap players. Its the blind leading the blind with no veteran leadership. IMO they dont need anymore cheap players especially when they are about to add another 10 during this draft. Maybe not Matheiu, but I would give up a the Eagles 2nd round pick for Earl Thomas in a heartbeat

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Pettine didn't want him, I don't know how much clearer it could be.

Glad we got something for him rather then the inevitable blow up he would've had this season leaving us high and dry while counting on him.

Now we can replace him with someone who Pettine wants.

Browns got a good player, but I'm excited to see Mac and Aaron with Kizer.

It's terrible value for a starting CB that played the best football of his career to finish the season. Yes, he had attitude issues but the return was terrible, there is no doubt about that. I do think Kizer is getting the short end here and I feel his rookie year should essentially be thrown out when it comes to evaluating him. 

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

But the reason the Browns are in this situation is because they have too many young cheap players. Its the blind leading the blind with no veteran leadership. IMO they dont need anymore cheap players especially when they are about to add another 10 during this draft. Maybe not Matheiu, but I would give up a the Eagles 2nd round pick for Earl Thomas in a heartbeat

Then sign some cheap veteran leadership in FA. There's plenty of it to go around. But the Browns aren't in this situation because they have too many young players. They are in this situation because they lacked the talent at the right spots.

There's zero chance I'd give up a 2nd for Earl Thomas. The guy has talked about retirement.

Just now, Ketchup said:

It's terrible value for a starting CB that played the best football of his career to finish the season. Yes, he had attitude issues but the return was terrible, there is no doubt about that. I do think Kizer is getting the short end here and I feel his rookie year should essentially be thrown out when it comes to evaluating him. 

Kizer is an interesting ball of clay to mold, but I was shocked that's all you could get for Damarious Randall.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Kizer is an interesting ball of clay to mold, but I was shocked that's all you could get for Damarious Randall.

That's all I'm saying. Randall clearly clashed with our staff and Kizer is an interesting prospect, but GB should have been able to get more. 

1 minute ago, Ketchup said:

Talib just got a 5th, we got better than that for Randall. We were shopping him and this is obviously the best offer we got.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Talib just got a 5th, we got better than that for Randall. We were shopping him and this is obviously the best offer we got.

Talib is also much older and much more expensive. If you think it was fair compensation, cool but I do not. 

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Agree and disagree.  Browns did lose 31 games the last two seasons because they were too young, too inexperienced, and didn't pay out for much veteran presence.  On the other hand you still have a trillion dollars in cap space this free agency and already got much needed experience at QB where experience was needed the most.

We don't have to use all those 2nd round picks, we could combine some to trade back up into the 1st or higher into the 2nd round if a player we value a lot falls.  I understand where your gripe is with adding a bunch more rookies and needing vets, but I definitely wouldn't trade picks for Earl Thomas or Honey Badger.  That may be overpaying for them at this stage of their careers anyway.

Just now, patriotsheatyan said:

I don’t understand this for either team.

A one legged CB is an upgrade for the Browns. Kizer isn't the future because they're drafting a QB at #1 and just traded Tyrod. I'm not sure what's not to understand for the Browns here.

Just now, MWil23 said:

A one legged CB is an upgrade for the Browns. Kizer isn't the future because they're drafting a QB at #1 and just traded Tyrod. I'm not sure what's not to understand for the Browns here.

I don't think he understands the Browns part of the deal. It should probably be the name of another team. The Browns haven't won anything since 2016. How did they just win this trade? ;)

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't think he understands the Browns part of the deal. It should probably be the name of another team. The Browns haven't won anything since 2016. How did they just win this trade? ;)

It also speaks volumes about how bad Hundley is and how he's clearly not a backup or in their future at all. Maybe McCarthy and Rodgers can help Kizer along. He's got all the physical tools as well, but his accuracy and decision making is WOEFUL.

Archived