Packers trade Damarious Randall to Browns for DeShone Kizer, picks

49erurtaza

kind of like this for both teams, srs.

kizer clearly isn't in the browns plans, but he still has some tools and was a highly regarded prospect last year. and we need a new backup QB with upside. plus the pick swaps. 

browns get a solid CB.

12 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is switching those spots really worth much? I mean GB lost one of its best DBs and gained like 12-15 spots in the 4th and 5th round? What is that like a late 4th in value?

In itself?  Not really.  But that's just more ammunition to move around with.

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah it did work for Flynn. Brohm was a bust. Jury still out on Hundley.

no, its really not. hundleys not good and hes a fa next year. you pray someone tradrs a late pick for him or else it kinda seems like he may be cut now. it was a failed project, this idea that mccarthy is a qb guru really hasnt come to fruition that often.

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I guess but you basically let go of a fairly high draft pick for much less than cost. He was cheap and still getting better though 

Was he?  Or was it just a string of a handful of games playing with a bunch of mediocre corners?  I mean, people act like we're giving up prime Richard Sherman here.  We're not.  He's an opportunistic DB who struggles with twitchy WRs with maturity questions.  I don't mind this gamble for the Browns for obvious reasons.  My question with this from the Packers' perspective is what is their end game here?  Adding a non-veteran QB doesn't make a ton of sense as long as Brett Hundley is on the roster, no matter how much you like DeShone Kizer (and count me as one of those who thought Kizer needed to get out of Cleveland ASAP).  The Packers clearly didn't think much of Randall long-term.  I guess time will tell.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm not going to argue that. So can Kizer. If sitting behind Rodgers and learning from Mac and Philbin for 2 years turns Kizer into the higher end of his ceiling that will be a valuable trade chip.

Just like Brett Hundley, right? 

The only way you get something back for Kizer is if he kills it in the preseason, never plays a down in the regular season, and you have a team that's desperate enough to give you a...5th round pick for him.

A couple years ago it was Brett Hundley shouldn't even be traded for multiple firsts for whatever reason. Now Hundley 2.0 will get the same treatment, and look exactly the same as Hundley 1.0 if he has to play any meaningful games.

It's a terrible trade. Damarious Randall became an average player, who played well in the nickle, and he was traded away for a below average QB.

44 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

GB got value for a guy that was nearly cut midseason and had no support in the lockerroom or new front office, and wasn't going to be retained next year anyway.

Hundley is also being traded.

Makes sense if you look more than an inch deep.

Who's trading for him? Vince McMahon?

Archived