Another trade coming? Who should it be.

Mind Character

Supposedly people think Nathan Zegura implied that another trade is in the works or soon to be done.

I didnt see what he said.

But if true.....who do u want?

1a. I want a FS...or Kyle Fuller on the transition tag.

1b. Hell to the nah nah on Tyrann Mathieu. Tyrann Mathieu has torn his acl and additional ligaments in both his right and left knees and has also had meniscus injuries and major shoulder injuries.

These injuries have diminished his speed, movement/change of direction skills, and his explosiveness.

His leadership and commitment to the game is elite. His instincts and football mind is off the charts still.

The cardinals medical staff believes his right knee in particular has instability therefore they cant commit to him long term.

I love the playet, but a trade for him would be a terrible decision as we'd have to give a big contract and serious draft compensation to a player likely to be cut.

2. Or a Brock Osweiler type trade where a team like the Dolphins trades us Suh as they have cap issues but in order for us to take on his awful contract and for them to avoid a crazy cap hit, they send us a 2nd round pick to take the contract off the books.

My hope and prediction are both for Fuller. If it is him, Id be thrilled.

TTaylor 28

JLandry 25

DRandall 25

KFuller 26

Young impact vets is how you suppliment a young, blossoming roster. When this team hits puberty, we re gonna be dangerous.

Id also sign Tre Boston as our FS. He is also 25.

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Supposedly people think Nathan Zegura implied that another trade is in the works or soon to be done.

I didnt see what he said.

But if true.....who do u want?

1a. I want a FS...or Kyle Fuller on the transition tag.

1b. Hell to the nah nah on Tyrann Mathieu. Tyrann Mathieu has torn his acl and additional ligaments in both his right and left knees and has also had meniscus injuries and major shoulder injuries.

These injuries have diminished his speed, movement/change of direction skills, and his explosiveness.

His leadership and commitment to the game is elite. His instincts and football mind is off the charts still.

The cardinals medical staff believes his right knee in particular has instability therefore they cant commit to him long term.

I love the playet, but a trade for him would be a terrible decision as we'd have to give a big contract and serious draft compensation to a player likely to be cut.

2. Or a Brock Osweiler type trade where a team like the Dolphins trades us Suh as they have cap issues but in order for us to take on his awful contract and for them to avoid a crazy cap hit, they send us a 2nd round pick to take the contract off the books.

Dolphins fan here. There may be some haters but Landry will be great for you guys. He often had two reverses and 3 WR screens per game often for 2 yards after breaking a two tackles. 

With regards to Suh I hope you guys trade for him. We would get a 4mil cap relief but if we cut him post June we would get like 14 mil.

we are not in a negative so wouldn’t do a brock like deal. I would prefer to get something with less relief but I think he will be cut. Be really disappointed if you guys didn’t go after him as a free agent.

Something I posted in the Dorsey philosophy thread last week.

Dorsey listed his belief in the top 5 most important positions to win football games. Unless he is bluffing, which is an impression I didn't get, it's the following:

1. QB (obviously)

2. Pass rusher

3. Corner

4. Left Tackle

5. Wide receiver

Last night we checked boxes 1, 3 and 5. Keep an eye out for a pass rusher?

40 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Heard on the radio that they believe it to be Earl Thomas.

I don't love or hate the idea. He is a great player but will be 30. I also cannot see a situation where he would be happy to be coming here haha.

Originally I was of the same mindset. But he’s a bit younger than I thought. Usually I don’t like revered castoffs from successful teams that are past their prime and going to an 0-16 team.

But Earl Thomas like I say is younger than I thought, young enough to feel invested in the Browns?

42 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Heard on the radio that they believe it to be Earl Thomas.

I don't love or hate the idea. He is a great player but will be 30. I also cannot see a situation where he would be happy to be coming here haha.

Guess it won’t be Earl Thomas then. 

Cleveland radio is full of speculating morons. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

My guess is Danny Shelton might be on the move. They probably don’t want to pay him and Larry ogunjobi is much better. Draft someone or roll with Brantley. 

Would not be surprised by this either 

13 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

My guess is Danny Shelton might be on the move. They probably don’t want to pay him and Larry ogunjobi is much better. Draft someone or roll with Brantley. 

I wouldn't be happy about that. He's a big reason why our run defense improved as much as it did last season.

22 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I’m hearing they’ve been shopping Coleman and he might be included in this 4th Trade because they’re hesitant to give up any picks in rounds 1 and 2 

My prediction is 4th and Corey Coleman for Earl Thomas. So they don’t have to give up a second.

Don’t know how I’d feel about it. Feels unnecessary to flip Coleman at this point. Give him a last chance this year to prove himself with a competent QB.

Archived