Mock v1B - The non-Kirk Cousins variable

paul-mac

2 hours ago, BaldyBronco said:

I have read this thread for years and decided to finally throw my voice in to the mix.  46 years old and been a fan since 6.  Sorts feel like an encyclopedia.  My biggest opinion of all, is VJ must go.  More on that later.

THANKS!!

Welcome to the board! Please share your thoughts on that. 

8 hours ago, BaldyBronco said:

I still think you have to go with AnAngry and move back even if it's Keenum.  We have to fix our O-Line more than we need to fix our QB IMO.

If we stay at 6, it's Q. Nelson and Mason Rudolph in Rnd2.

There is so much hype around these QB's in the draft and I just don't get it.  

Not sure about Rudolph but Nelsons the safest pick in the draft. He'd do wonders.

I'm also not at all averse to trading down a bit and adding another high pick. Dream scenario would be to trade down to about 10, pick up an extra second and get Nelson at 10. With all the emphasis on QB's he's gonna drop.

11 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Not sure about Rudolph but Nelsons the safest pick in the draft. He'd do wonders.

I'm also not at all averse to trading down a bit and adding another high pick. Dream scenario would be to trade down to about 10, pick up an extra second and get Nelson at 10. With all the emphasis on QB's he's gonna drop.

I'm not so sure. Sounds like he could very much be in play at #2 to the Giants given they lost out on Andrew Norwell. Gettleman likes to build the trenches.

On 3/13/2018 at 7:41 AM, broncosfan07 said:

We really don't need anymore draft picks we already have 11. Now if we can offload some of those mid round picks for players or acquire 2019 picks trading back could be feasible and a good idea if the value is there.

No way. We need young inexpensive talent. 

22 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

I agree. We need to get as many new faces in here as possible. 

Looking at our cap situation, there really are only a handful of players who we can't cut because of their cap situation: Keenum, Von, Leary, McManus, Lynch, Bolles and Walker are the only players whose dead money exceeds their 2018 cap hit. Now, most of those guys would have a roster spot guaranteed no matter what the money is, but just about everyone else should be ready to fight for their job. 

On 3/13/2018 at 10:41 AM, broncosfan07 said:

We really don't need anymore draft picks we already have 11. Now if we can offload some of those mid round picks for players or acquire 2019 picks trading back could be feasible and a good idea if the value is there.

1 hour ago, bMiller031 said:

38 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I agree. We need to get as many new faces in here as possible. 

Looking at our cap situation, there really are only a handful of players who we can't cut because of their cap situation: Keenum, Von, Leary, McManus, Lynch, Bolles and Walker are the only players whose dead money exceeds their 2018 cap hit. Now, most of those guys would have a roster spot guaranteed no matter what the money is, but just about everyone else should be ready to fight for their job. 

I agree we need young inexpensive talent. I also agree 11 picks is likely too many to keep all of them.  

So if we move back from 1.5 because the QB(s) we want and Nelson are all gone, fine.   But then I’d use the extra picks we have in Rd 3-4 to move up in Day 2 to get better talent and / or get 2019 picks.  

I would point out that going cheaper and younger takes us out of the @AnAngryAmerican for QB scenarios.  He’s not young and sources tell me that guy is a mercenary.  

17 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I agree we need young inexpensive talent. I also agree 11 picks is likely too many to keep all of them.  

So if we move back from 1.5 because the QB(s) we want and Nelson are all gone, fine.   But then I’d use the extra picks we have in Rd 3-4 to move up in Day 2 to get better talent and / or get 2019 picks.  

I would point out that going cheaper and younger takes us out of the @AnAngryAmerican for QB scenarios.  He’s not young and sources tell me that guy is a mercenary.  

I would be interested into seeing what his conditioning is after all these years working out doing the 12 ounce curls

2 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I would be interested into seeing what his conditioning is after all these years working out doing the 12 ounce curls

I actually have a 24oz pewter stein that I have powder-coated in orange and blue. My conditioning doesn't deserve to be questioned. :D

Archived