Free Agency News

Kmart128

Sounds like Glennon to AZ is wrapped up. I'd assume that means they aren't going QB at least. I'm intrigued to see what the numbers for the deal are. I'm not terribly concerned about missing out on these fringe starter guys. I'm comfortable with Trevor Siemian or someone like that as the backup/bridge guy. 

17 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Sounds like Glennon to AZ is wrapped up. I'd assume that means they aren't going QB at least. I'm intrigued to see what the numbers for the deal are. I'm not terribly concerned about missing out on these fringe starter guys. I'm comfortable with Trevor Siemian or someone like that as the backup/bridge guy. 

Well it seems that everyone on Twitter is calling Beane a genius for letting other teams overpay on these QBs and get the bridge QB that is left (which is McCarron) for cheap. Definitely seems like we had a plan.

3 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Well it seems that everyone on Twitter is calling Beane a genius for letting other teams overpay on these QBs and get the bridge QB that is left (which is McCarron) for cheap. Definitely seems like we had a plan.

After seeing these numbers I don't think we really even had a choice. Whoever we get is certainly not going to get $12m-$20m a year and hopefully if we're trading up for a franchise guy we don't plan on him sitting on the bench for too long. I'm surprised McCarron has had so little interest. I actually like him just not at the number I thought he would be commanding. 

The corner market so far:

Bears - re-sign Amukamara
Jets - Trumain Johnson
Titans - Malcolm Butler
Texans - Aaron Colvin
Bucs - re-signed Brent Grimes

Two teams linked to EJ Gaines have signed other guys. Have to wonder if his market is drying up and a return to Buffalo is possible.

13 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The corner market so far:

Bears - re-sign Amukamara
Jets - Trumain Johnson
Titans - Malcolm Butler
Texans - Aaron Colvin
Bucs - re-signed Brent Grimes

Two teams linked to EJ Gaines have signed other guys. Have to wonder if his market is drying up and a return to Buffalo is possible.

I've only seen the Texans linked with him, who's the other out of curiosity? 

I honestly think the Jets should take a swing at him with the amount of money they. I'd love him back in Buffalo though. 

Hate it all you want but McCarron was actually my #1 choice for a bridge QB all along.

He'll be just good enough to keep us competitive but not great. Won't cost a ton.

McCarron + Rosen is my ideal scenario.

Well, FA has definitely improved Buffalo's chances of getting a top 4 QB. You have to like our chances at getting the #2 QB after Darnold, unless both the Giants and the Colts draft QB's which is still quite possible. Even then, we get Allen or Mayfield and could be set at QB for the next 15 years. Sounds great to me!!! I guess there is also a chance it is Rosen, who could fall because of his concussions .

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

QB market is shrinking, odds are the rook is gonna need to start week one.

Which is why taking Josh Allen would be franchise ruining stupid.

That's why I find the Josh Allen link silly. 

Buffalo is making all of these moves and staying out of the veteran QB market, there is no way they can draft such an unknown like Allen. Has to be Baker or Rosen.

11 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I've only seen the Texans linked with him, who's the other out of curiosity? 

I honestly think the Jets should take a swing at him with the amount of money they. I'd love him back in Buffalo though. 

Tampa Bay was said to have a deal with him last week but I haven't seen anything since.

12 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

10 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

Hate it all you want but McCarron was actually my #1 choice for a bridge QB all along.

He'll be just good enough to keep us competitive but not great. Won't cost a ton.

McCarron + Rosen is my ideal scenario.

McCarron has an offer on the table from the Patriots so he may be gone by the end of day. Looks like the bills are gonna get Matt Moore as he has to many connections and would be an ideal back up to the rookie qb coming in as he wont cost much money and is capable of playing a few games if need be.

8 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

That's why I find the Josh Allen link silly. 

Buffalo is making all of these moves and staying out of the veteran QB market, there is no way they can draft such an unknown like Allen. Has to be Baker or Rosen.

Yeah. I don't understand... Seems to be playing out like this

1. Who we are projected to take- Josh Allen

2. Who the Bills most likely want- Josh Allen

3. Who I want- Baker Mayfield

7 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

McCarron has an offer on the table from the Patriots so he may be gone by the end of day. Looks like the bills are gonna get Matt Moore as he has to many connections and would be an ideal back up to the rookie qb coming in as he wont cost much money and is capable of playing a few games if need be.

I don't really trust the guy who is reporting it. Never heard of the guy or the station he works for so I have serious doubts. But some websites are taking off with it so maybe it's legit. I just don't know... And AJ doesn't want to be a backup. It's why he left Cincinnati... If the Bills want him then he is theirs. But at this point I'm starting to doubt we are interested. Seems that Bills are content for now. I've heard nothing connecting McCarron to us other than speculation.

I really don't want Moore. I'd rather have Blaine Gabbert or wait to see what happens with Trevor Siemien.

Archived