The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Playoff game a week from tonight. Think they land in AZ tomorrow for the week. SEC officials doing the game. I think both teams will score some points. Have to like our OL up against their DL in the ground game. But can’t fall behind early like against UW. Right now I’m thinking it will be a 38-34 type of game. It’s a cliche but whoever wins up front will probably win. Both teams are really solid on the oline. Have to limit Etienne, because if they are 2nd or 3rd and short all night, that gives Lawrence a real advantage. I think with Chase Young and Company, if we stop the ground game, we will fare pretty well against Lawrence. That’s no easy task though.

Clemson has a beastly OL this year

7 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Clemson has a beastly OL this year

Yeah, both DLs are going to have their hands full. OSUs 5 guys were All Big Ten and 3 of the DL were also, to include Young who is the BIA. Clemson is tough up front on offense. OSU DL is unequivocally better this year, but we will see how much that will mean. I’m more concerned with the LBs then DL in this one. If we lose the LOS on D though in the ground game, it’s hard to beat Clemson.

Edited by NateDawg

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah, both DLs are going to have their hands full. OSUs 5 guys were All Big Ten and 3 of the DL were also, to include Young who is the BIA. Clemson is tough up front on offense. OSU DL is unequivocally better this year, but we will see how much that will mean. I’m more concerned with the LBs then DL in this one. If we lose the LOS on D though in the ground game, it’s hard to beat Clemson.

When teams are as evenly matched athletically and talent wise, it comes down to tackling and execution. I know it sounds simple, but there’s nothing schematically complicated about these teams.

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

When teams are as evenly matched athletically and talent wise, it comes down to tackling and execution. I know it sounds simple, but there’s nothing schematically complicated about these teams.

Still think this will be the best playoff game including the finals. 

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Unfortunately it sounds like Fields is still limited by the knee and will wear a brace Saturday. That will almost certainly affect the offensive gameplan as I doubt they do many designed runs/RPOs for him. 

Oh so what. Just go play. This team can still win with Fields wearing a knee brace. It's not going to effect him to the point where he is incapable of doing anything. Some are making way too much of this. Go play and win.

Edited by bootsy

37 minutes ago, bootsy said:

Oh so what. Just go play. This team can still win with Fields wearing a knee brace. It's not going to effect him to the point where he is incapable of doing anything. Some are making way too much of this. Go play and win.

His knee caused him to come out against UM and not run the ball once (designed) against Wisconsin. Who said they still can’t win? Obviously it’s worth keeping an eye on as a factor in this game. A quarterbacks legs matter especially at the college level. Even Trevor Lawrence uses his legs quite a bit.

Edited by NateDawg

20 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

His knee caused him to come out against UM and not run the ball once (designed) against Wisconsin. Who said they still can’t win? Obviously it’s worth keeping an eye on as a factor in this game. A quarterbacks legs matter especially at the college level. Even Trevor Lawrence uses his legs quite a bit.

He also came back in and threw a TD pass after the injury and played another game and won as well. If you don't have enough confidence that he can play thru an injury then there's not much hope for you. This team is more than just Fields as well. Can't sit here and sulk about injuries. I didn't say you said they can't win. Learn to read.

1 minute ago, bootsy said:

He also came back in and threw a TD pass after the injury and played another game and won as well. If you don't have enough confidence that he can play thru an injury then there's not much hope for you. This team is more than just Fields as well. Can't sit here and sulk about injuries. I didn't say you said they can't win. Learn to read.

Wow dude...maybe drink some bourbon and relax a little. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Bones has some competition, a burner account, or a family member found this site.

I've been on this site for over 2 years and on the old site as well. Just because someone doesn't post every 5 minutes like you do and actually has a life doesn't mean they have a burner account.