The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Defense got their manhoods robbed.

No officiating is going to change that. Even if the refs did the opposite and called everything in our favor it wouldn’t have mattered.

One team wanted it more and played “full grown man ball.”

OH team played like crap and deserved to lose still, but the refs ensured that there was no chance that they could find someway to pull it out.

Michigan won today and the better team today won and that was michigan

you would think Harbs would be smarter tho. Ohio St has owned you and the first game you win, you decide to start talking crap about Ryan Day.

I would act like you been there before but he hasn’t, so not surprised

Think Day made the mistake of kicking to open the game. Think if they come out and score, it might have put fear into them that what they did last week to MSU might happen this week. Kicking it and allowing them to come down and scoring right away, gave them all the confidence in the world

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

you would think Harbs would be smarter tho. Ohio St has owned you and the first game you win, you decide to start talking crap about Ryan Day.

Meh, if you win you win and these games are always chippy on both sides. Been a decade coming. He knows that. So he’s going to soak it in. Good for him. 

Hate losing this one but the rivalry needed this. All of a sudden the hate feels more two sided and final date on the calendar feels like a rivalry game for all the marbles again. Getting to host next year and try to respond will be fun. 

It was clear as day Michigan wanted that more. Their effort, energy level, and toughness was at a level we were unable to match.

The team all year lacked those intangibles. They’re a brilliant X and O’s team in the passing game and solid running. However, our offensive line looked fat and slow. Dawand Jones, Thayer Munford, and Nicholas Petit-Frere are in for a rude awakening at the next level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

It was clear as day Michigan wanted that more. Their effort, energy level, and toughness was at a level we were unable to match.

The team all year lacked those intangibles. They’re a brilliant X and O’s team in the passing game and solid running. However, our offensive line looked fat and slow. Dawand Jones, Thayer Munford, and Nicholas Petit-Frere are in for a rude awakening at the next level.

I think you can say they wanted it more because their team is full of upperclassmen who have never beat us in their 3 years. 

we are a really young team still 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think you can say they wanted it more because their team is full of upperclassmen who have never beat us in their 3 years. 

we are a really young team still 

This is where I'm at also. I think it's BS the game was at Michigan after they dodged us last year but not sure it would've helped at all. We simply couldn't stop the run and that's all there is to it. I would love to see the impossible scenario of this team, when majority are experienced and not so young in this game, like you eluded to but that obviously isn't possible. They caught us at the right time. 

I like our odds going into next year though, no question. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

This is where I'm at also. I think it's BS the game was at Michigan after they dodged us last year but not sure it would've helped at all. We simply couldn't stop the run and that's all there is to it. I would love to see the impossible scenario of this team, when majority are experienced and not so young in this game, like you eluded to but that obviously isn't possible. They caught us at the right time. 

Our defense certainly couldn’t be worse next year. On offense though, I know we have a ton of young talent in the room, but it’s hard to just replace a guy like Garrett Wilson or Chris Olave. I still maintain that Chris Olave is the third best receiver on this current team. Hopefully Julian Fleming and Emeka Egbuka/Harrison or somebody else can at least come close to filling the void at WR heading out the door to go with Ngigba, who is a stud. We don’t really use the tight end that much but we also lose Jeremy Ruckert. Henderson needs to get a lot stronger. He’s just a straight line runner at this point. He is phenomenal in open space and when we gave him holes against bad teams, he was dynamite. But he needs to make that next step and become the total package.

I don’t know where to begin with the defense. I really hope that they bring in a true defensive coordinator to be in charge, because these guys really seem to not get it. And I’m not sure Al Washington is good for anything other than recruiting relationships. The linebackers are awful, and this was a really bad tackling team. The defensive backs I actually feel should be better next season. This team really seemed to struggle with crowd noise, so you have to it was like that we are playing at home next season. That shouldn’t be an excuse though, this team has some real weak spots and spa is terrible when it came to pre-snap penalties. 

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Well the noise at the big house cause issues for the OL and the snap being at home would have helped with that. So many untimely false starts.

im just glad Harbs ran his mouth. Get Day and them fired up for next year