The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Hartline bumped to OC?

Yeah, I could see him maybe getting that title. Co-OC and WR coach. They would still bring somebody in to replace Wilson, it will be interesting to see what they do. The carousel is just starting, and who knows, they could lose somebody else, so it’s hard to really predict what things will look like at this point. When you have a good team, naturally, you are going to lose some assistants to HC elsewhere. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Perhaps it's just fan hubris, but to me OC of OSU seems like a bigger deal than HC of Tulsa.  Unless Wilson is just dying to be a HC again.

He has Oklahoma roots and will probably enjoy the job and be familiar with some of the recruiting out there. And I’m not sure with how things left at Indiana he is going to get a better head coaching job, at least without maybe using this one as a stepping stone.

Additionally Ryan Day didn’t let him call plays here, and he was less involved with the OL since Justin Frye  joined the staff this year. He had some input in the offense and coached tight ends, but this move makes sense to me if he’s wanting to scratch that head coaching itch. 

With the transfer portal are we better off not recruiting depth guys? They’re just going to end up leaving. It just seems strategically we’re better off focusing all of our energy on recruiting 10-15 guys and just getting developed MAC schools players to transfer.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

With the transfer portal are we better off not recruiting depth guys? They’re just going to end up leaving. It just seems strategically we’re better off focusing all of our energy on recruiting 10-15 guys and just getting developed MAC schools players to transfer.

I agree, which is also why I was vehemently against the transfer rule changes.  Group of 5 schools are going to become feeder schools for big programs more and more.

• Like 2