The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

20 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

With McCown and Bridgewater signed in NY, Bradford and Glennon signed in Arizona, and Keenum signed in Denver, Cousins doesn’t exactly have any leverage to walk away from the table. 

That's one of the things that worries me about all this.

The Jets and Broncos made no serious attempt to sign Cousins and moved quickly to sign the guys that the Vikings gave up on.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

LMAO....what are you talking about? Who exactly are we going to have to cut to make room for Cousins that would bring the roster below serviceable or even serviceable?

The Vikings have plenty of cap room this year as to where they won't have to cut anybody they want on the roster. And the Vikings should have enough to keep 3 of the 4 you mentioned at minimum.

I get the impression you don't like the Cousins signing but you're reacting as if the contract is going to decimate the roster this year and next with mass cuts of players we need.

He's being intentionally over the top sarcastic because people don't agree with him that this is a no doubt about it, slam dunk move. 

Edited by JDBrocks

9 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Would it be funny if we now offered only $25 mill?

Spielman: Well here you go, Kirk! That 3 year contract worth $75 million! All ready for you to sign!
Kirk: Yeah but we agreed to $28 million over 3 years.
Spielman: Did we? I don't recall that. My bad. I guess you're free to sign with the Jets, Broncos, and Cardinals.
Kirk: But they already settled on their quarterbacks....
Spielman: Did they? Huh....didn't realize that. Well, here's that 3 year contract with $70 million....
Kirk: But it was just $75 million....
Spielman: Would you like the number to CBS' talent scouts?

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

With McCown and Bridgewater signed in NY, Bradford and Glennon signed in Arizona, and Keenum signed in Denver, Cousins doesn’t exactly have any leverage to walk away from the table. 

that is exactly right, i've been considering that.

will Spielman tempt Cousins and his agent with the public relations move of agreeing to a base price just barely above Garrapolo's, so to make Cousins the highest paid QB in the NFL (for the next two weeks) but then show the sports world his generosity and the Vikings' cunning?

the main complaint about Cousins is his presumed price tag. if that came out lower than expected, everyone's a hero in the press.

1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Well don't I feel like an idiot....

I need to start following who's on what side more often....

Pick my side.... I support the Vikings... 

I also don’t even know there were sides when we were in the Vikings Sub-Forum...

I’ve supported the Vikings my whole life... thought maybe some day we will win a Super Bowl...... still has not changed to this day. Who knows... maybe Captain Kirk can be the guy to lead us there.

I get this this a forum, people argue their opinions on a forum, but at the end of the day, is anybody actually going to rout for Cousins to choke? In my opinion you are not a Vikings fan if you do.

Rick and Zim have turned this franchise around since they took charge. Let’s just try and hope that continues. 

2 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Spielman: Well here you go, Kirk! That 3 year contract worth $75 million! All ready for you to sign!
Kirk: Yeah but we agreed to $28 million over 3 years.
Spielman: Did we? I don't recall that. My bad. I guess you're free to sign with the Jets, Broncos, and Cardinals.
Kirk: But they already settled on their quarterbacks....
Spielman: Did they? Huh....didn't realize that. Well, here's that 3 year contract with $70 million....
Kirk: But it was just $75 million....
Spielman: Would you like the number to CBS' talent scouts?

Hehehehehe

id like to be there if they actually did that.

honestly what leverage does Kirk truely have? Jets could still sign him with the money they have I guess. 

Id still laugh if somehow we got him for $25m a year 

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

I get this this a forum, people argue their opinions on a forum, but at the end of the day, is anybody actually going to rout for Cousins to choke? In my opinion you are not a Vikings fan if you do.

Looks like I'm now Pack_Bolts1228....

(And yes, wanting Kirk to fail based on your opinions of him is like rooting for the President of the United States to fail because you don't like him or disagree with his politics.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

Hehehehehe

id like to be there if they actually did that.

honestly what leverage does Kirk truely have? Jets could still sign him with the money they have I guess. 

Id still laugh if somehow we got him for $25m a year 

We should keep screwing up the contract long enough to where the Jets make some moves to the point where they won't have the cap room. Maybe every printer in the new facilities disappear right as Kinko's is closing...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I also don’t even know there were sides when we were in the Vikings Sub-Forum...

I’ve supported the Vikings my whole life... thought maybe some day we will win a Super Bowl...... still has not changed to this day. Who knows... maybe Captain Kirk can be the guy to lead us there.

Rick and Zim have turned this franchise around since they took charge. Let’s just try and hope that continues. 

I don’t think anyone is rooting for them/him to fail. I also don’t think it’s odd or wrong to temper expectations. I want him to succeed as a Viking. I want him to lead them to the promised land. I also recognize his limitations, and have questions about who he is as an nfl QB, and about whether the resources allocated to him might force the Vikings to make decisions about other key pieces.

Being uneasy about Kirk and the contract he will sign doesn’t make anyone less of a fan...