The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

With as long as it seems to be taking for them to announce the signing as official, I’m leaning towards believing that the $84M dollars isn’t as guaranteed as it sounds.

If it was truly a fully guaranteed contract, it would be an incredibly easy contract to write and sign. This delay makes me wonder if they’re still working on specifics and language in the contract, and if they are, then it’s not going to be a fully guaranteed contract  

They didn't even get to the facility until after 11 a.m. Day started with tour of US Bank Stadium, then tour of TCO Performance Center.

20 minutes ago, Klomp said:

They didn't even get to the facility until after 11 a.m. Day started with tour of US Bank Stadium, then tour of TCO Performance Center.

Sure. I’m sure Spielman was leading the tour as well. 

Do you really think Spielman and McCartney were walking around US Bank? 

Edited by SemperFeist

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

If the contract is a straight $84 M guaranteed, why wait to sign it?

if you win the lottery, are you going to go look at everything you’ll do with your money before you sign the ticket?

The terms weren't finalized coming into the day, but that doesn't mean the general parameters haven't been agreed to.

1 minute ago, Klomp said:

The terms weren't finalized coming into the day, but that doesn't mean the general parameters haven't been agreed to.

That’s entirely my point. A truly fully guaranteed contract isn’t going to have many terms to finalize. 

Which is why I’m wondering if the “fully” guaranteed money isn’t going to be as guaranteed as originally reported. 

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

That’s entirely my point. A truly fully guaranteed contract isn’t going to have many terms to finalize. 

Which is why I’m wondering if the “fully” guaranteed money isn’t going to be as guaranteed as originally reported. 

There are multiple ways to write guaranteed money into a contract. Injury guarantees, etc.

Just because a deal hasn't been announced after 3 hours doesn't mean it won't be fully guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The low signing bonus is interesting. 

Obviously he’s not hurting for money, so I’m curious as to the benefit for the Vikings salary cap. 

We really wanted to keep room available in 2018. Looks like we want to have room for other players (own and free)