Trey Burton to sign with Bears

49erurtaza

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

What TE on your team are you going to start over him? You don't pay your backup guy 8 Million a year at TE

Hes not really going to be a backup, but he wont be a true #1 either.  He'll be the move te and Shaheen will be the y.  The Bears are likely to have a lot of 12 personnel on the field.  Burton and Shaheen both are likely to get lots of targets.  Still need to see the structure bc his contract expires 1 year after shaheens and shaheen will be 26 while Burton will be 30 then.  Burton has the added benefit of knowing how the scheme works coming from another branch off of the Reid tree.

It's interesting though, The Bears seem to be trying to copy what the Eagles did almost to the tee.

Nagy
Robinson

And in general the personnel moves so far. Just strikingly similar. What else are you guys looking to address?

1 minute ago, Danger said:

It's interesting though, The Bears seem to be trying to copy what the Eagles did almost to the tee.

Nagy
Robinson

And in general the personnel moves so far. Just strikingly similar. What else are you guys looking to address?

Cb, olb, ol.  Olb needs bodies at this point, and it wouldnt shock me at all to see Marcus Davenport or Harold Landry at #8.  Cb id say based on how much Pace and my views seem to match up, keep on Malcolm Butler there. 

1 minute ago, Superduperman said:

I admit I would have taken him on the Lions but..  he's 6'2". 8 mil a year for a 6'2" tight end.

Hes not a te, hes a rocked up wr and is a major mismatch for defenses.  You will probably never see him line up at the y for us.  

10 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Hes not really going to be a backup, but he wont be a true #1 either.  He'll be the move te and Shaheen will be the y.  The Bears are likely to have a lot of 12 personnel on the field.  Burton and Shaheen both are likely to get lots of targets.  Still need to see the structure bc his contract expires 1 year after shaheens and shaheen will be 26 while Burton will be 30 then.  Burton has the added benefit of knowing how the scheme works coming from another branch off of the Reid tree.

Yup. If KC's offense last season is any indication, both TE's will both be getting a decent amount of snaps. KC ran 12 personnel 24% of the time on 283 snaps last season(7th most in the league).

46 minutes ago, ACO said:

Meredith is back right? That is another great weapon and Shaheen was a solid player as well. They need to add a few more (and they will) but the core is pretty solid.

They should go after Quenton Nelson. Secure that OL. 

They are going to draft Nelson probably. ¬¬

17 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Hes not a te, hes a rocked up wr and is a major mismatch for defenses.  You will probably never see him line up at the y for us.  

He's 6'3 235, on the small side for a TE, but certainly not a dwarf.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

He's 6'3 235, on the small side for a TE, but certainly not a dwarf.

Oh ik, just making the point that hes not going line up next to the tackle with his hand in the dirt to grade the road for Howard.  Hes a guy thats going to be standing up all over the field running routes.

34 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I admit I would have taken him on the Lions but..  he's 6'2". 8 mil a year for a 6'2" tight end.

I think Delanie Walker is only 6'1". He's probably worth 8 million a year. If Burton can become Delanie Walker, it's fine. This is definitely a contract provided on the basis of what Burton can become more so than what he has done. 

59 minutes ago, Danger said:

Wasn't listed as your starter this past season, and I've never heard of him before. A lot of people could say the same as Burton, but given the contract Burton just signed, I think it's safe to say Burton will be your #1. 

He was a small school guy but has insane upside and physical characteristics.  Was intended to be a project until Zach Miller moved on but got lots of playtime at the end of the year after Miller's career ending knee injury.    Shaheen's measurables match up with guys like Gronk and Kelce.  Different kind of players, so both will get a ton of PT.  As superman said, most likely they will both be on the field but Burton will be less of a traditional TE.

53 minutes ago, Danger said:

Nagy
Robinson

OLB across from Leonard Floyd

CB across from Kyle Fuller

OG opposite Kyle Long

Archived