Post Keenum Reality - IMO / Round 1 Propects

BaldyBronco

I firmly believe that this move assures that we are positioning ourselves to take the best available player.  It would be great to get one of the teams from 6 to 10 to come up and grab one of these QBs in this frenzy.  If Elway follows his past philosophy here is my opinion of the possible picks.

1. Barkely

2. Q Nelson

3. Chubb

4.  Fitzpatrick

5. Denzel Ward

Ideally at this point.  Trading #5 to the Bills on draft day, when one of the QB's falls because 2 or 3 of the above are picked in the top 5, and assuming they Buffalo does not mortgage their future with Cleveland to get up to 1, my list would be from, assuming we stay put with the draft capital we get with Buffalo's two picks.  Regardless, I believe trading back at this point makes the most sense.

1.  Connor Williams

2.  Marcus Davenport

3. Vita Vea

4. Jaire Alexander

5. Josh Allen/ Baker Mayfield ( Most likely to fall, I get it's not likely)

1. Any one of the 5 that falls due to the way the draft shakes out

2. Will Hernandez

3. Mat McGlinchey/ Orlando Brown

4. Leighton Vander Esch

5.  Tavan Bryan

I want to contribute a full Mock draft, but will need to sort out the above.  Would love thoughts, as I know you can see.  I believe he will be drafting OL or Defense.

8 minutes ago, BaldyBronco said:

I firmly believe that this move assures that we are positioning ourselves to take the best available player.  It would be great to get one of the teams from 6 to 10 to come up and grab one of these QBs in this frenzy.  If Elway follows his past philosophy here is my opinion of the possible picks.

1. Barkely

2. Q Nelson

3. Chubb

4.  Fitzpatrick

5. Denzel Ward

I don't see any way on God's green Earth that the Giants take an OG No. 2 overall.

If Barkley isn't there, Gettleman will do one of two things; draft a QB to be Eli's successor (Rosen or Darnold) or trade down with someone who wants their pick of the QB lot after the Browns take Barkley No. 1 overall. 

11 minutes ago, BaldyBronco said:

1. Barkely

2. Q Nelson

3. Chubb

4.  Fitzpatrick

5. Denzel Ward

Ideally at this point.  Trading #5 to the Bills on draft day, when one of the QB's falls because 2 or 3 of the above are picked in the top 5, and assuming they Buffalo does not mortgage their future with Cleveland to get up to 1, my list would be from, assuming we stay put with the draft capital we get with Buffalo's two picks.  Regardless, I believe trading back at this point makes the most sense.

1.  Connor Williams

2.  Marcus Davenport

3. Vita Vea

4. Jaire Alexander

2. Will Hernandez

4. Leighton Vander Esch

5.  Tavan Bryan

I want to contribute a full Mock draft, but will need to sort out the above.  Would love thoughts, as I know you can see.  I believe he will be drafting OL or Defense.

I think Tremaine Edmunds will be in the conversation also.

31 minutes ago, BaldyBronco said:

1. Barkely

2. Q Nelson

3. Chubb

4.  Fitzpatrick

5. Denzel Ward

1.  Connor Williams

2.  Marcus Davenport

3. Vita Vea

4. Jaire Alexander

2. Will Hernandez

4. Leighton Vander Esch

5.  Tavan Bryan

Who would your top 5 be? If you pull the trigger?

I listed them above?

1. Barkely

2. Q Nelson

3. Chubb

4.  Fitzpatrick

5. Denzel Ward

Just now, BaldyBronco said:

I listed them above?

1. Barkely

2. Q Nelson

3. Chubb

4.  Fitzpatrick

5. Denzel Ward

Sp you wouldn't want a qb at 5 ? Do you believe in Keenum that much. Yiu said Mayfield and Allen would be ideal in a trade down but not likely. Are you uncomfortable with one of them at 5? Rosen? Darnold?

20 minutes ago, BaldyBronco said:

I had him in there, but he projects more as an OLB in a 4-3.  But I agree he is in there.

An interesting prospect. Lots of people are of the opinion he can play inside or out, kind of a movable chess piece.

Archived