Jets sign Crowell

49erurtaza

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Kinda average. But I’d like to see how he does in another system. 

This was kind of my thought too. Whenever I see him, I'm just like meh, he's just a dude. Very bleh average like. 

7 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

My only real questionmark is potentially, how strong is that Jets locker room?  They've had a number of issues with various guys it seems.  I really do think Crowell has reformed, but he doesn't have a completely clean past.  I wouldn't expect it to be an issue, and certainly hope not.  But it's something that popped into my head for a moment as the only potential downside to this.  And it's a pretty remote worry i think.

It's completely night and day from what it was in 2016 to last year. There's a few knuckleheads but they may not even be on the team. Lot of hungry young players and some budding leaders. Culture has become very "no-nonsense" - finally

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

This was kind of my thought too. Whenever I see him, I'm just like meh, he's just a dude. Very bleh average like. 

He is having good balance away from being a great running back. He does trip over his own feet at times but he is a solid starter and in the right system could be a 1200-1400 yard back. Don't ask him to create yards before the LOS though, that isn't his thing. He needs to get moving forward and then he can make some things happen. Always reminded me of Chris Ivory.

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

It's completely night and day from what it was in 2016 to last year. There's a few knuckleheads but they may not even be on the team. Lot of hungry young players and some budding leaders. Culture has become very "no-nonsense" - finally

That's good to hear.  Can't say i've followed the Jets locker room culture all that closely, just know that i've seen multiple fairly high profile knucklehead events over the past handful of years.  Like i said, really seems like Crowell got his act together and probably wouldn't be an issue anyway...but it's always better having a guy like that going into a situation where it's not even a possible distraction.

I always liked Crow. 

One of his great qualities is durability. He has only been hurt once and didn’t miss a game. 

He falls over a bit, but I think he has a nose for space. 

He can catch a bit but not great with route running. 

Sheds tackles, but not an amazing power runner. 

Has the speed to beat lb’s and safetys, not corners.

If you enjoy a RB with poor vision who has absolutely zero value catching passes or helping in pass protection, you'll love him. He has some value in a zone blocking scheme, but he can't find/hit the hole at all in a gap scheme.

13 hours ago, Forge said:

His lack of tackle breaking ability and extremely average vison will drive people insane. There is no RB in the NFL who trips over his own feet running through the hole than Crowell. If there is space, he can hit a hole and go to the second level but dont expect him to create anything for himself or break tackles.

He has great burst through the hole, however if anybody even gets a hand on him, hes falling down.

Crowell is just....average. 

Archived