Ravens void contract with Ryan Grant due to failed physical; Colts sign him to 1-year, $5M deal

Dr LBC

3 minutes ago, lancerman said:

It’s not a conspiracy theory. Multiple teams and doctors passed him. The Ravens gave him a high and controversial contract. All of a sudden the one test he fails is for that team. 

Its simple, it’s ekementary. It’s the most logical explanation 

It's also not a theory based in fact. It's literally based on a conspiracy with no factual basis.

7 minutes ago, lancerman said:

It’s not a conspiracy theory. Multiple teams and doctors passed him. The Ravens gave him a high and controversial contract. All of a sudden the one test he fails is for that team. 

Yes.... yes it is.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conspiracy theory

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/conspiracy-theory

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory

20 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Its simple, it’s ekementary. It’s the most logical explanation 

On a one-year without future year injury guarantees, which is a very important distinction as it makes much of what the Ravens would be concerned about moot.

3 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

can you link that? The only thing ive seen is newsome saying it was strictly medical and he had no control over it.

I’ve been waiting to see what the Ravens say about this because I was wondering if he didn’t inform them of his ankle ahead of time and they used that angle to void the contract. Similar to a drug test where they ask you if you take any prescriptions drugs.

3 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

can you link that? The only thing ive seen is newsome saying it was strictly medical and he had no control over it.

At the time it all happened before the contract was voided rap said on NFLN that an issue had come up in the physical and bc of the significant injury guarantee that the contract was on hold for the moment while they made a decision whether or not to proceed.  Ill see if i can find any tweet about it.  But that seems very logical to me.  If you are going to guarantee somebody money in the event of injury, you want them to be injury free at that time.  And while the colts passed his physical notice there also is not any guaranteed money in the deal either.

18 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

At the time it all happened before the contract was voided rap said on NFLN that an issue had come up in the physical and bc of the significant injury guarantee that the contract was on hold for the moment while they made a decision whether or not to proceed.  Ill see if i can find any tweet about it.  But that seems very logical to me.  If you are going to guarantee somebody money in the event of injury, you want them to be injury free at that time.  And while the colts passed his physical notice there also is not any guaranteed money in the deal either.

yea, thats not a legit source at all, if it was even said. especially given the fact that thr gm is on record as sayonv it was purely medical and he had zero to do with it. very interested to see a tweet though...

and heres the thing.... its not logical at all. the medical side should never mix with the money side. im not sure of all the rules doctors have but that would have to violate some. either a person is healthy or they arent. regardless of what they make a year.

58 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

yea, thats not a legit source at all, if it was even said. especially given the fact that thr gm is on record as sayonv it was purely medical and he had zero to do with it. very interested to see a tweet though...

and heres the thing.... its not logical at all. the medical side should never mix with the money side. im not sure of all the rules doctors have but that would have to violate some. either a person is healthy or they arent. regardless of what they make a year.

Though it definitely seems a little fishy, we don't know what kind of criteria the Ravens set ahead of Grant's physical to determine pass/fail. If there was some kind of injury guarantee or stipulation in the offer they gave to him, then maybe they set a stricter pass/fail standard for the physical ahead of time, and Grant could not meet those lofty standards. That's just speculation on my part, and I don't even know if that's allowed, but I suspect that it is because teams can generally set their own standards for passing a physical. That could also explain how Grant could pass the Redskins' postseason physical, a doctor's physical, and physicals from the Colts and Raiders, but fail the Ravens' physical.

12 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Though it definitely seems a little fishy, we don't know what kind of criteria the Ravens set ahead of Grant's physical to determine pass/fail. If there was some kind of injury guarantee or stipulation in the offer they gave to him, then maybe they set a stricter pass/fail standard for the physical ahead of time, and Grant could not meet those lofty standards. That's just speculation on my part, and I don't even know if that's allowed, but I suspect that it is because teams can generally set their own standards for passing a physical. That could also explain how Grant could pass the Redskins' postseason physical, a doctor's physical, and physicals from the Colts and Raiders, but fail the Ravens' physical.

Give him the contract......as long as he has never been injured before.

16 minutes ago, footy_29 said:

Give him the contract......as long as he has never been injured before.

That's not how it works. Every contract has stipulations and guarantees. It's how teams protect themselves from going into cap hell. Ravens may have set a high standard on the physical because of how it was structuring the contract, and maybe Grant wasn't able to meet it.

5 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

It's also not a theory based in fact. It's literally based on a conspiracy with no factual basis.

Sucks when that’s what happens and people just believe what they want to believe, doesn’t it? 

And yes, I’m still salty.

5 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

i havent seen anyone try and change confirmed facts that have differing opinions from you. meanwhile a couple ravens fans still here saying it wasnt even a physical he took. 

2 hours ago, childofpudding said:

That's not how it works. Every contract has stipulations and guarantees. It's how teams protect themselves from going into cap hell. Ravens may have set a high standard on the physical because of how it was structuring the contract, and maybe Grant wasn't able to meet it.

can you point me where i can read up on teams instructing their medical staff to have different qualifcations for passing a physical based on contract?

59 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i havent seen anyone try and change confirmed facts that have differing opinions from you. meanwhile a couple ravens fans still here saying it wasnt even a physical he took. 

I feel pretty good about being on the side that:

1) is aware that a theory that the Ravens conspired to fake a failed physical to get out of a contract is a conspiracy theory

2) is aware that "physical" is a health evaluation

Archived