Ravens void contract with Ryan Grant due to failed physical; Colts sign him to 1-year, $5M deal

Dr LBC

6 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Best of luck to him, and I hope that ankle heals up. Cost him at least $2.25 million this year alone.

Looks like he passed physicals with the Colts and Raiders, so the Ravens should be penalized for the Bush League actions. 

1 minute ago, footy_29 said:

Looks like he passed physicals with the Colts and Raiders, so the Ravens should be penalized for the Bush League actions. 

Health is not a pass fail thing. Yall act like the Ravens said he can't play football anymore. He "failed" for the level of injury guarantees in particular the original contract. I think I read that the Ravens made a modified offer with less guaranteed for that. So for all we know all teams made the same evaluation.

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He doesn’t have an ankle injury.

His agent literally admitted that he did...This isn't some goddamn conspiracy by the Ravens. @wackywabbit laid it out nice and clear, too. His ankle wasn't healthy enough to justify the injury guarantees he was receiving as part of our contract. One would think that since he's receiving a 1 year, $5M deal that the Ravens were onto something with his ankle. That contract is basically nothing.

11 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

His agent literally admitted that he did...This isn't some goddamn conspiracy by the Ravens. @wackywabbit laid it out nice and clear, too. His ankle wasn't healthy enough to justify the injury guarantees he was receiving as part of our contract. One would think that since he's receiving a 1 year, $5M deal that the Ravens were onto something with his ankle. That contract is basically nothing.

He got a 1 year $5 Mil contract because he’s a career #4 Wr with less than 1,000 receiving yards in 4 years.  He passed physicals with 2 other teams.  I hope the NFLPA files a grievance against the ravens.

35 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He got a 1 year $5 Mil contract because he’s a career #4 Wr with less than 1,000 receiving yards in 4 years.  He passed physicals with 2 other teams.  I hope the NFLPA files a grievance against the ravens.

I hope they do as well if they have proof that we didn't sign Grant because of an injury that didn't exist. But, good luck winning that arbitration case. Couldn't the fact that he passed physicals with 2 other teams who most likely were going to pay him significantly less money indicate that the injury guarantees related to our contract, which was worth much more, had stricter stipulations on injury?

Nahhhhhh we just got cold feet so made up an ankle injury (which was later confirmed by his agent) and then failed his physical for no reason whatsoever (opening us up to arbitration and LOTS of penalties) because we saw an aging Michael Crabtree come available on the market.

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

I hope they do as well if they have proof that we didn't sign Grant because of an injury that didn't exist. But, good luck winning that arbitration case. Couldn't the fact that he passed physicals with 2 other teams who most likely were going to pay him significantly less money indicate that the injury guarantees related to our contract, which was worth much more, had stricter stipulations on injury?

Nahhhhhh we just got cold feet so made up an ankle injury (which was later confirmed by his agent) and then failed his physical for no reason whatsoever (opening us up to arbitration and LOTS of penalties) because we saw an aging Michael Crabtree come available on the market.

Is your fanhood at such a level that your organization can do no wrong?

I remember how the Titans did McNair dirty, and I hate that they did what they did (locking him out before trading him), and I have no issue acknowledging the fact that we did the wrong thing.

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Is your fanhood at such a level that your organization can do no wrong?

I remember how the Titans did McNair dirty, and I hate that they did what they did (locking him out before trading him), and I have no issue acknowledging the fact that we did the wrong thing.

I don't believe the Ravens medical staff did anything wrong here. Until proven otherwise, I have no reason to change that belief. If our medical staff had a history of this sort of thing, it would be different. If we as an organization had a history of this sort of thing, it would be different.

But we don't. This issue is null and void, like Ryan Grant's contract with the Ravens. 

4 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Health is not a pass fail thing. Yall act like the Ravens said he can't play football anymore. He "failed" for the level of injury guarantees in particular the original contract. I think I read that the Ravens made a modified offer with less guaranteed for that. So for all we know all teams made the same evaluation.

Not to mention, the injury guarantee thing is moot for the Colts since they only signed him to a 1-year deal.

Archived