2017/18 EPL Thread - City Champs

UKTexans

On 23.12.2017 at 4:55 AM, LeeEvans said:

Classic Liverpool really, they've had quite a few of these this season. They can never finish off a team, I don't know if it's because they're overly aggressive or just poor defensively. Must be hugely frustrating to Liverpool fans though.

Well, I'm kinda used to it. No other teams fans are worried when you are 3-0 up, LFC can't sit down and relax until it's 5 goals up.

It's really ridiculous. There's always an individual mistake that costs us and as soon as we concede, a lot of times we concede another one or even two like in this game. This team has had obvious problems with certain situations mentally for years and Klopp doesn't seem to be able to change that. Sure, quality in the back and in midfield could and should be higher and having a keeper who could bail us out instead of causing even more trouble would help too, but that fact that the floodgates open a lot of times when we concede is a mental thing. Think the defensive set-up as a whole has improved, it's those one or two situations that kill us far too often. 

VvD seems to be finally on the move. Left out of the squad for Southampton and Pellegrino couldn't say why. Soton based papers think it's Liverpool, we'll see. Still think he would be a quality addition to our defence, won't solve our problems though.

2 hours ago, kempus said:

Harry Kane is sensational. I feel lucky to have a player of that caliber at my club.

You think he’ll be there for a long time? Or do you think he’ll be off if the likes of Real come in for him?

I can’t see him moving domestically - he doesn’t seem to fit what City does and I don’t think there are any other clubs that would offer him a substantially better chance to win the league.

Archived