2017/18 EPL Thread - City Champs

UKTexans

6 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

You think he’ll be there for a long time? Or do you think he’ll be off if the likes of Real come in for him?

I can’t see him moving domestically - he doesn’t seem to fit what City does and I don’t think there are any other clubs that would offer him a substantially better chance to win the league.

I think he stays at Spurs for at least a couple years. If the team isn't able to build on what they have now and just continue fighting for a top four spot I could seem him moving on but I think he'll give Spurs every chance to become a top club before moving.

The only side I could see signing Kane on England is United, but the fee would be astronomical. More than Neymar. 

I don't even know if Real could afford it.

Once Spurs move into their new ground they will be able to offer 200k a week wages and tie him down. 

59 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

City can be beat. 

Newcastle have been pathetic for the most part though. 

De Bruyne is different class. 

Very conservative weren't they, especially in the first half. All 11 WELL behind the ball, sometimes pushed right back to their own box. 

City can be got at because their defence isn't all that. Mistakes in Otamendi and Stones (although he's been great...Wooo! Englaaand!).

6 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I think he stays at Spurs for at least a couple years. If the team isn't able to build on what they have now and just continue fighting for a top four spot I could seem him moving on but I think he'll give Spurs every chance to become a top club before moving.

Yeah, I agree with this. He will give us every opportunity to succeed as a team before he would leave. It would also be for more than Neymar, as Tex said. We will have no need to sell anyone once the stadium is open. 

13 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

LFC get Van Dijk for 75M. Really expensive, but he's exactly what they need. A CB who can defend.

Yep. I didn't even bat an eyelid when J heard the figure. 

Last summer I nearly lost my kind at the fees being thrown around. But it's just become the norm now. 

Well that was certainly a harsh handball. I think I can understand why it was given though when they showed it from the referee' s angle. It looked like Chambers was moving his arm to the ball when in reality he was trying to bring it into his body. 

Archived