Giants sign Nate Solder

49erurtaza

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wasnt this expected he was gone. I know he was good but i expect TB to do TB things

I think there was thinking/hope that, of all of the free agents, he was the most likely to be retained.

there just isn’t an obvious replacement for him.

6 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think most of the sucking was becuase of the early injuries and the players hating Ben McAdoo. I expect them to bounce back big time.

I think the ineptitude of Mcadoo certainly has something to do with how bad we were, but saying we are going to be "very good" is a stretch, I think. 

44 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I think the ineptitude of Mcadoo certainly has something to do with how bad we were, but saying we are going to be "very good" is a stretch, I think. 

7 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think most of the sucking was becuase of the early injuries and the players hating Ben McAdoo. I expect them to bounce back big time.

The best player has a 4-5W impact on teams (and that's usually if you are a QB).   The Gmen went 3-13.  A good team, wins 9-10 games, right?

Are people saying McAdoo is a 6-7 L coach for 1 season?  Come on.   Even Norv Turner or Mike McCoy couldn't do that in their Charger days (although they really, really tried).

16 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The best player has a 4-5W impact on teams (and that's usually if you are a QB).   

Are people saying McAdoo is a 6-7 L coach for 1 season?  Come on.   Even Norv Turner or Mike McCoy couldn't do that in their Charger days (although they really, really tried).

Definitely not. Giants played better than they were in 2016 and worse than they were in 2017. In reality, they are about a 7-8 win team. 

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Definitely not. Giants played better than they were in 2016 and worse than they were in 2017. In reality, they are about a 7-8 win team. 

Agreed. I realize you said as much.  Just the notion that coaches are the root of 3-13 teams is oversimplification.   There has to be a talent gap whether natural or injury related or both.  

Even Mike McCoy in SD couldn’t make a good team 3-13 (he certainly did his best to try lol).  

13 hours ago, Crickett said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see them draft Kolton Miller round 1 if he's there.  This is a decent OL draft and iirc, they have three picks in the first two rounds. 

I disagree, there is practically no OT's worth a dime in this draft, only the interior OLmen look solid. 

Miller, IMO, is simply too tall. He has a lot of difficulty with players who attack him low and I think he will really struggle at the next level, because of his height, he has a lot of trouble delivering a hard hand blow to his opponent's chest and without that, he will struggle!!! 

Solder is definitely an upgrade, but that is why Brady is the goat. Every year, they take away his weapons and yet, he keeps on ticking. NE, under BB, has always let FA's walk, it is a very long list and they have never spent a ton on FA's of other teams, just keep bringing in castoffs who are very happy to play for a winner and give it their all.

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Agreed. I realize you said as much.  Just the notion that coaches are the root of 3-13 teams is oversimplification.   There has to be a talent gap whether natural or injury related or both.  

Even Mike McCoy in SD couldn’t make a good team 3-13 (he certainly did his best to try lol).  

Last year was the perfect storm of bad. Tons of injuries, broken offense, bad coaching, insubordination by every one of our starting CBs, and the culmination of years of bad drafting. I'm still surprised we managed to win even 3 games. 

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Last year was the perfect storm of bad. Tons of injuries, broken offense, bad coaching, insubordination by every one of our starting CBs, and the culmination of years of bad drafting. I'm still surprised we managed to win even 3 games. 

Yeah that’s a more balanced analysis for sure.  

Believe me I  wish you IND and HOU all had won more games.  Then we’d be picking 1.2.  :D

Archived