Giants sign Nate Solder

49erurtaza

6 minutes ago, Acgott said:

They were 3-13 last season. One player isn’t changing that 

Cowboys went from 4 -12 to 13 - 3 on the back of two rookies and a great offensive line.

Things can very much change. Not like the Giants were awful the year before. They were in the playoffs with double digits wins. 

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

They were 3-13 last season. One player isn’t changing that 

That’s why I’m baffled.  HOU should be going for this kind of move.  Literally a LT away from taking the next step to contend  But G-men?  Dunno.  They have so many holes to get there   

With JStew and Solder I can say they are getting the award for oldest vets signed early.  That doesn’t usually end well.  

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

@EliteTexan80

tenor.gif?itemid=6153612

But at least you got Henderson!

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Its a shame I can only like this post 1x.  I might have spent all my likes for today on that gif.  It captures the essence of @EliteTexan80‘s and HOU’s fans’ likely feelings  

*Shrug*

If we lost because Solder wants to keep his family in Boston while his son goes through treatment for kidney cancer, I won't be upset. In fact, I'll applaud both Solder and the Giants for giving him the opportunity.

If I find out the Texans were cheap, I'm gonna burn down NRG.

28 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Patriots have lost a lot of players this year... I thought their cap situation was pretty good. Are they letting these guys walk on purpose?

They aren’t over paying for them, and to be frank, they had a surplus on offense last year. Lewis is injury prone and part of an RB by committee despite how good he can be, Amendola comes up clutch but Edelman is a better version of him and he got paid a lot, Solder is very good, but not highest paid in the league good. On defense Butler just had his worst season. 

Honestly a big thing is these guys are getting overpaid by the teams getting them and a lot of them scream “works really well in the Patriots system but very questionable outside it”.

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

That’s why I’m baffled.  HOU should be going for this kind of move.  Literally a LT away from taking the next step to contend  But G-men?  Dunno.  They have so many holes to get there   

With JStew and Solder I can say they are getting the award for oldest vets signed early.  That doesn’t usually end well.  

Texans definitely need to lock up that OL but I think their defense was the biggest issue especially the secondary.

Archived