Games I Beat Thread

Man, I wouldn't know where to start. Like a few others, I got started way back on the NES. I was pretty young at the time, but I beat a few games, and some that I didn't I went back and played through when I got older. And I'm a completionist by nature, so I've 100% quite a few too. I guess for a few of the ones I'm prouder of:

100% the Assassin's Creed series (including Black Flag twice)
100% the Arkham series
100% each 3D Zelda (so, OOT, MM, WW, TP, SS, and BOTW, with a few of them happening several times)
100% each 3D Mario except Galaxy 2 (Odyssey took some time)
Hard to define 100%, but I've gotten all achievements/trophies in Witcher 2/3, Fallout 4, Oblivion, and Skyrim

I like at least somewhat open world games, which makes the completionist thing occasionally masochistic. Freaking Korok seeds.

20 hours ago, MathMan said:

I never 100 percent anything.

Never felt the urge.

Me neither.

Although, if the games kept track of it back then, I probably did with Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9.

The Arkham games I did 100%.....if you dont count the Riddler trophies.....which at a certain point just got annoying.

Too damn many. Seriously.

I guess recently would be:

Monster Hunter

Bloodborne.

DS 1-3

Horizon

FF (A bunch)

Deus Ex HR and MD

Tomb Raider Reboots

Prey

Dishonored 1 and 2

All Fallouts

Most of TES

Crash 1-3

All Ratchet and Clank

Ape Escape 

Arkham Series

Every Pokemon except for S&M

COD from MW to BO2.

Halo 1 & 2

All Killzone

Half-Life games

Portal 1 & 2

Far Cry 3 and 4

Soul Caliber 4 and 5

All MVC

Just off the top of my head. 

On 3/17/2018 at 5:09 PM, Manny/Patrick said:

As far as Pokemon games go, I only got the 150 on R after that I never tried to get them all due to the work that needs to be put in. I just got my daughter X and she’s at like 200 after 35 hours. I don’t know how how people can catch them all.

I had all of them up to Gen 4, I think it was? Whichever was Diamond/Pearl. Had like 400-500 pokemon in the games at that point. All I can really say to explain it is I had a lot of free time in Middle School and early High School. Honestly, I think it's only possible if you do it continuously. Because you can generally import them to the next game. I could only do it back then because I already had most of them from playing the earlier games normally.

So many ill just list my favorites...

Every Megaman ever(at least twice), Arkham City and Knight, every Crash Bandicoot, both Watch Dogs, every KH game, and many more.

Top 3...

Witcher 3, Parasite Eve (at least 6-7 times), and KH2 Final Mix at least 12-15 times (no joke, favorite game of all-time)

I always do everything in video games.  I don't go after trophies because trophies usually have nothing to do with the actual game.  For example, you can get a trophy in Fallout 4 if you run the bases in Diamond City.  I don't bother with stuff like that.  I do get just about everything game-related finished in games that I play.

I completed every single mission I came across in Fallout 4 and became a millionaire in it.
I did every side mission in all of the Mass Effect games. 
I got every unknown location in Witcher 3 and did all the side quests.
I always get all the stars or coins in the Mario games I play...

If I don't complete it, I'll have to come back to the game years later.  Super Mario 64 is my white whale.  I've tried playing that game to completion and getting every star so many times I've lost count.  I'm on it right now and I completely refuse to give up until I have gotten all 120 stars.  I'm at 60 stars right now. 

Sometimes if I start a game and know that I'm never going to finish it and I don't enjoy playing it, I'll just give up immediately.  Like Bloodborne.  Ain't nobody got time for that kind of torment. 

On 3/15/2018 at 8:41 PM, MathMan said:

The game I'm most proud of beating was Bart vs the Space mutants for the NES.

It took me 8 years.

No way, you actually did it? I thought it was impossible. You are a legend

44 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

No way, you actually did it? I thought it was impossible. You are a legend

That game for me was the OG TMNT. I could never beat that no matter how many times I tried. It was damn near impossible.... and I only think it's not b/c I watched a walk through of someone beating it on YT.

20 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

That game for me was the OG TMNT. I could never beat that no matter how many times I tried. It was damn near impossible.... and I only think it's not b/c I watched a walk through of someone beating it on YT.

Yeah had that as a kid too. Never even got close. Tried some as an adult again, still hard as hell. I had a bunch of notoriously hard NES games for whatever reason. I go watch all the angry video game nerd EPS as an adult and I swear every third one was him yelling about how hard some game was that I had when I was young.

TMNT was just ridiculous though.

Jurassic Park was a SOB on NES too.

Those games were literally designed to be borderline impossible. I guess as they transitioned from arcade they assumed everyone wanted them to be basically unbeatable, or something...

On 3/17/2018 at 9:10 AM, Supersuavesky said:

Monster Hunter

You mean when you reached level 29 and you see the credits screen?  The 'story mode' of this game is just put in to help guide people on the mechanics of the game and also because most people really enjoy some story aspect to a game.  Monster Hunter and Diablo are games that technically have a story, but that's not what the game is about.  You really can't 'beat' those type of games, imo.  I've played through the first inFamous game a few times and that is a game that I feel like I actually beat.

2 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

We seemingly have alot of similar experiences in gaming.

In TMNT, I always lost most of my life during the underwater part with the electric seaweed. I got past it a few times, but always died shortly after cuz I hardly had any life left. Stupid game.

37 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

We seemingly have alot of similar experiences in gaming.

In TMNT, I always lost most of my life during the underwater part with the electric seaweed. I got past it a few times, but always died shortly after cuz I hardly had any life left. Stupid game.

Precisely where I gave up. Seriously, if it weren't for the YT walk-through I wouldn't have ever thought this game was beatable. As Norm said above, they seriously just made these games so difficult to mess w/ us.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

You mean when you reached level 29 and you see the credits screen?  The 'story mode' of this game is just put in to help guide people on the mechanics of the game and also because most people really enjoy some story aspect to a game.  Monster Hunter and Diablo are games that technically have a story, but that's not what the game is about.  You really can't 'beat' those type of games, imo.  I've played through the first inFamous game a few times and that is a game that I feel like I actually beat.

No. I mean I reached HR lvl 150 and put 400 hours in to it.

I know what the game is about. You can beat it just fine.

Archived