Ownership directed Front Office attend all QB prospects' games in 2017

jetskid007

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

I watched more Mayfield yesterday night and am falling more and more in love of the thought of him at 1 Jets Drive

He is a Jet

I'm afraid that the Broncos take him at 5. If we can move up without giving up next years first to either the 3rd pick or 4th pick I'd make that move all day. 

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

I get the feeling picks 2, 3 and 4 will all be dealt. The top 4 picks could legitimately be Quarterbacks.

We have the ammo to move up, we shouldn't be pinching pennies this year. I think I'd gamble on the Giants taking Barkley but if the first 2 picks are QBs then I'd throw the farm at Indy for #3, I don't care about price.

I won’t be pro trading up at all and that won’t change the next 5 weeks regardless of pro days and all. We have WAY too many needs to be giving up valuable picks.

Nothing will convince me that a haul of STILL getting a QB at 6 and edge and someone else on offense like an OC, RB or WR isn’t better than just getting a QB at 3 or 4.

2 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

We have the ammo to move up, we shouldn't be pinching pennies this year. I think I'd gamble on the Giants taking Barkley but if the first 2 picks are QBs then I'd throw the farm at Indy for #3, I don't care about price.

I agree about trading up. 

The more I think about it, the more I believe the Browns will go Barkley #1 and then QB at #4 now that the have Taylor and have time to develop a QB. Starters will be Landry, Taylor, Gordon, and Barkley. 

20 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I agree about trading up. 

The more I think about it, the more I believe the Browns will go Barkley #1 and then QB at #4 now that the have Taylor and have time to develop a QB. Starters will be Landry, Taylor, Gordon, and Barkley. 

They are crazy deep at RB with the signing of Carlos Hyde. Id bevery surprised if they took Barkley #1 at this point. 

Just now, KodiakThunder said:

They are crazy deep at RB with the signing of Carlos Hyde. Id bevery surprised if they took Barkley #1 at this point. 

That's true. But Hyde's injuries might not make him a safe #1 in their eyes. It's a hard call. They can do a lot. 

15 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

That's true. But Hyde's injuries might not make him a safe #1 in their eyes. It's a hard call. They can do a lot. 

They still have Duke Johnson as well, who they drafted early and really like. Im not saying they wont take him, but they would be better off taking the #1 qb on thier board at #1 and then grabbing Chubb/Fitzpatrick/ect at #4.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

My predictions are in some sort of way Darnold and Barkley go 1 and 2. Doesn’t really matter to us who gets who. At 3 buffalo trades uo and gets Allen hopefully. They can afford the risk with the insurance  of McCarron now. While I’m not a huge Allen fan, he probably has the most upside of any of the QB prospects. Browns than choose one of Nelson, Chubb, Ward or Fitzpatrick at 4. Denver takes Mayfield. Having Rosen fall to us and we keep all of our valuable picks and still get arguably the best QB in the draft.

I'm much more open to Allen now than I was a week ago... I think sitting/developing a rookie is still the best way to go if you can afford to. You adopt the same plan they had this past offseason with Hack and basically give McCown most of the summer off. Have Teddy and Allen compete together, enter the season with McCown as the starter unless Teddy is head-and-shoulders above him, and go from there. If Allen shows more development than expected (kind of like Mahomes or even Wentz), you can look into trading a QB or even cutting one.  

If Allen were the pick, I can easily see the Jets adopting the Carson Palmer plan, where Jon Kitna was the starter, Shane Matthews was the backup, and Carson was 3rd string but was elevated to starter in 2004. 

50 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I won’t be pro trading up at all and that won’t change the next 5 weeks regardless of pro days and all. We have WAY too many needs to be giving up valuable picks.

Nothing will convince me that a haul of STILL getting a QB at 6 and edge and someone else on offense like an OC, RB or WR isn’t better than just getting a QB at 3 or 4.

We need to trade up.  Given Cleveland signed Hyde and they have Duke, there's a good chance they go QB at 1.  If the Giants go QB at 2, it's going to be chaos we teams trading up.  It could come down to Lamar or bust.  While I like Lamar, I'd rather have Mayfield or Rosen.

No idea if the Jackson rumors are true but some people killed me for even talking about him and said we weren't allowed to mention him here.  He wasn't our type of QB and we had no connection to him.  Well I guess I'm allowed to talk about him now.  I'd be 100% happy if Jackson was a NY Jet come April (yes even at 6).

9 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

We need to trade up.  Given Cleveland signed Hyde and they have Duke, there's a good chance they go QB at 1.  If the Giants go QB at 2, it's going to be chaos we teams trading up.  It could come down to Lamar or bust.  While I like Lamar, I'd rather have Mayfield or Rosen.

I do like that we have the opportunity to see the first 2 picks play out. #3 is the pick we really want, no price too high, get it done

10 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Agreed.  You do what you can to move up for Rosen/Mayfield but if the price is too steep then let Jackson fall in your lap at 6 and you build around that elite skill set he brings.

38 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I prefer mayfield also... but do i prefer mayfield over Lamar and another 2 or 3 prime prospects? NO. 

I think the issue is people are solely focused on getting the best #1 player, but those extra 2nd rounders are what make a team good.

Lool at the top 4 teams of last year, only 1 truly good qb jn the mix. Its a large roster, sacrificing multiple players for 1 is not something a team with this many holes should be doing. 

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

I see in no way possible that Barkley isn't drafted in the top 2. That's just my opinion. I also grade these QBs so close together that I see absolutely no reason to trade up or one. Can any of you sit here and 100% tell me that Darnold will be better than Rosen, Mayfield and Allen? That Rosen will be better than Darnold, Mayfield and Allen? That's Mayfield will be better than Darnold, Rosen and Allen? That's Allen will be better than Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield? There's a reason why so many people have the QB rankings so different its bc of obviously personal choice and the main fact that none of them are THAT much better or worse than the other. They each have pros and cons. So therefor I see no reason to trade several valuable assets to get a guy, when in fact the QB we could get at 6 could be better than the traded up guy all along.

Archived