Ownership directed Front Office attend all QB prospects' games in 2017

jetskid007

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Me too, I think that's why he signed both McCown and Bridgewater. If the guy he wants is there at 6 he'll likely take him but if not he's 1. Not forcing the pick especially at 6 and 2. Trading up something ridiculous to outbid Buffalo who is strapped with picks.

I'm also not 100% on the QB at 6 by any means train. I want the right guy and hell he could be in our building but if we pick a QB at 6 regardless then he's the focus the next 4 years no matter what Teddy or Hack or whoever else is at QB does. If he sucks then we're in a tough spot because this was such a valuable pick with potential studs in Chubb, Nelson, Edmunds all likely available there AND we let a better option potentially walk away because 6 was our guy.

I've been talking to Vikings fans and they absolutely love Bridgewater, like 99% of them and everything I've seen so far is intriguing. I'd hate for him to find his game, be the guy we always wanted and then we gotta let him walk because we drafted a guy at 6 and he's not the answer. So if Macc picks someone at 6 he better be as sure as he can be that he's the future because everything will fall on that kids shoulders.

I’d say I’m 90% sure we still draft a QB at 6 but I wouldn’t hate the idea of drafting Chubb at 6 either. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d say I’m 90% sure we still draft a QB at 6 but I wouldn’t hate the idea of drafting Chubb at 6 either. 

Lets say Macc values 3 of the 4 extremely high, worthy of 6 but they are all gone. Should he take the 4th guy over say Chubb because we "need" a Quarterback?

5 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Lets say Macc values 3 of the 4 extremely high, worthy of 6 but they are all gone. Should he take the 4th guy over say Chubb because we "need" a Quarterback?

No because that’s how the Christian Ponder and Jake Locker’s of the world become high round QBs. 

If Rosen, Darnold and Baker are gone and we don’t think Allen is all he’s being cracked up to be by the media then just get the pass rushing stud and then look to trade up for Jackson if he falls into late teen/early twenties

7 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Based on the past Macc has stuck to his board. QB is different I believe for him this year though. The only way I see him passing on a QB at 6 is if he really likes Jackson. But views him not 6th pick material. So he plans on trading back into round 1 to get him later in the draft. Unlikely situation buy could happen. We almost did it last year to get Watson.

9 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Rosen is really starting to separate himself in my rankings. I think its ridiculous to say he isn’t in the same class of prospect as Goff or Wentz. His arm talent is special.

You know who fell in the draft because he was deemed to be too arrogant and cocky? Aaron Rodgers. Mike Nolan has literally came out and said they took Alex Smith over A-Rod in part because Smith was a “pleaser”. Go listen to Josh Rosen in interviews and press conferences, he’s no different or worse than than Aaron Rodgers. He has been a phenom since he was 15, of course he’s cocky. Seems like a guy who wouldn’t crumble when things go to crap.

My gut is that the Browns take Darnold at 1, the Giants stay put and take Barkley, and the Bills trade up to 3 for Josh Allen (hopefully). My big concern is that Elway falls in love with Rosen and takes him at 5. Which is why I’d certainly be okay with Macc trying to trade up to 4 to jump Denver if he feels they are a threat to take him. Don’t think it would cost nearly as much either, considering it would be like dropping only one pick for the Browns if they’ve already taken a QB and know we’re trading up to take one. At least two of Chubb/Barkley/Nelson/Fitz would fall to 6 in that scenario. Moving up to 4 hedges against not only Denver taking Rosen but another team trading up to 5 to steal him from us. I’d give up the 37th pick to secure Rosen in a heart beat. 

Just touching on this again, another reason why Rosen has really separated from Mayfield in my rankings is because of age.

Josh Rosen just turned 21, yet is well versed in West Coast offense terminology and has picture perfect mechanics and footwork. Baker Mayfield turns 23 next month and needs to completely re-work his 3-7 step drops, something he had some trouble with at the combine/pro day. Baker also admitted to knowing very little about the West Coast offense. I believe all this is pretty significant in terms of comparing the two.

58 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I agree @BlaZeN37 Rosen's mechanics are better than both, teams are afraid of his high intellect and it made it difficult to coach him at times. If he falls to 6 we hit a homerun. 

Daniel Jeremiah wrote "Josh Rosen is the name that's been closely associated with [the Jets] organization over the last few weeks."

He also stated that he's heard the Browns QB decision is between Darnold and Mayfield and that the Bills covet Allen. Does not consider the Broncos likely to select a QB unless Sam Darnold doesn't go #1 and falls. 

If we end up with Rosen I am confident we finally found our guy. He has a chance to Pennington with a live arm because of how truly intelligent he is? Will it relate to the field and will he put in the work to master his craft? Certainly worth a shot.

11 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Of course not, but as a GM and a team in dire need of a franchise QB, Mac should make a move to get one of the three.

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Daniel Jeremiah wrote "Josh Rosen is the name that's been closely associated with [the Jets] organization over the last few weeks."

He also stated that he's heard the Browns QB decision is between Darnold and Mayfield and that the Bills covet Allen. Does not consider the Broncos likely to select a QB unless Sam Darnold doesn't go #1 and falls. 

What's weird is that Rosen is likely the worst fit on paper for the offense.  Granted, you draft the QB and figure it out.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

What's weird is that Rosen is likely the worst fit on paper for the offense.  Granted, you draft the QB and figure it out.

Its a pretty simple offense from a passing stand point, if anything it limits his abilities. When you're that talented, you can succeed in any offense. Your last sentence hits the nail on the head though.

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

Its a pretty simple offense from a passing stand point, if anything it limits his abilities. When you're that talented, you can succeed in any offense. Your last sentence hits the nail on the head though.

I was more getting at the offense involves a lot of shifting pockets and throwing on the run, so usually you want a guy with some mobility who is accurate on the run.  Not questioning the accuracy, more the mobility.

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

I was more getting at the offense involves a lot of shifting pockets and throwing on the run, so usually you want a guy with some mobility who is accurate on the run.  Not questioning the accuracy, more the mobility.

I think he is a little more athletic than we give him credit for but I see what you mean. For all we know we'll have yet another OC next year anyways. However at the end of the day you want this staff to work out so there continuity. Bowles has to be better, and bates has to be at worst what Morton was or slightly better. 

1 hour ago, BlaZeN37 said:

@jetskid007 What do you think it would cost to move up to 4 incase the Jets are worried someone trades up to 5 in order to jump the Jets for Rosen? 

Hard to say, but I would guess our 3rd round pick + 6

Personally, I think the Jets should do it. If they have identified Rosen as "their guy", screw it I would send them a 2nd too. 

Archived