BAZINGA! Sheldon is ours! (1 yr, $11 mil, p. 11)

vike daddy

Wasn't the 3-tech arguably the most important position in Zimmer's defense from the Cincinnati? It's been somewhat of a weakness here, but I wonder if he wants to get back to it being a strength.

Similarly, linebacker was one of the weaker groups. Or, maybe a better way to put it is they didn't invest the most money in the position. That's why I'm really not too worried about losing one of Barr/Kendricks because of these offseason moves. If one goes, draft his replacement.

1 minute ago, Klomp said:

Wasn't the 3-tech arguably the most important position in Zimmer's defense from the Cincinnati? It's been somewhat of a weakness here, but I wonder if he wants to get back to it being a strength.

Similarly, linebacker was one of the weaker groups. Or, maybe a better way to put it is they didn't invest the most money in the position. That's why I'm really not too worried about losing one of Barr/Kendricks because of these offseason moves. If one goes, draft his replacement.

Prefer to keep Barr because i think he does more for the defense and its harder to find guys his size. Gedeon could take over Kendricks spot imo.

5 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Yes, I think Richardson and a draft pick at DT/LB would be better in a Zimmer defense than a draft pick and Barr at DT/LB.

If I was in Spielman's position I would be trying to extend Kendricks and planning to draft a replecement for Barr this year or next year.

I understand that many of you would rather keep Barr. I am not trying to say you are wrong. I am just putting what I would do out there.

Archived