Packers Sign Kyle Fuller to Offer Sheet

Packerraymond

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Murphy has to sign every move. 

If Murphy is signing moves brought to him by McCarthy and Ball, this team is seriously dysfunctional. 

It is all guess work on how the inner workings for the GB upper levels are functioning.  

At this point, I am not seeing a very good start to the new administration.  It is early, but though you can't win the title in March, you certainly can lose it.

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Murphy has to sign every move. 

If Murphy is signing moves brought to him by McCarthy and Ball, this team is seriously dysfunctional. 

And you're accusing others of baseless speculation?
Since when (or how) did MM get wrangled into this process? MM taking moves directly to Murphy? Come on.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

When did this happen? This is revisionist history at best and baseless speculation at worst. 

No, thanks for calling me either a liar or a fantasizer, but its actually been reported. I'll try and track down where I saw it. I honestly thought it was a well known fact that Thompson turned contracts entirely over to Ball.

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Sucks but I could see it.

If that's the case then Murphy needs to go.

If that was the case, I doubt that we would have seen the number of candidates gunning for that job. That's the perfect recipe for a dysfunctional team.

Not every organization is Kohl and LED. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If that's the case then Murphy needs to go.

If that was the case, I doubt that we would have seen the number of candidates gunning for that job. That's the perfect recipe for a dysfunctional team.

Not every organization is Kohl and LED. 

Then why are they all on basically equal footing? What's the point? You KNOW they all have Murphy's ear.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

And you're accusing others of baseless speculation?
Since when (or how) did MM get wrangled into this process? MM taking moves directly to Murphy? Come on.

Follow the quote tree.

I'm saying it's not happening.

The proposed idea was that McCarthy went over Gute's head to cut Randall. I think that's nonsense.  

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

No, thanks for calling me either a liar or a fantasizer, but its actually been reported. I'll try and track down where I saw it. I honestly thought it was a well known fact that Thompson turned contracts entirely over to Ball.

If you're talking resignings, that's potentially a different item. You know that you want the player back and you've established a market.

If you're talking about outside Free Agents, that's something that a General Manager would not turn over. There's no way that the contract guy is the one calling and making offers to players. Just doesn't make any sense regarding team building. 

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Then why are they all on basically equal footing? What's the point? You KNOW they all have Murphy's ear.

The premise is communication and everyone being adult enough to come to a correct decision and move forward. Like adults do. Like any major company. No need to scream at what is probably a mirage. Without evidence it's a waste of time.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Follow the quote tree. I'm saying it's not happening. The proposed idea was that McCarthy went over Gute's head to cut Randall. I think that's nonsense.  

Then we agree. I dont see MMs role and influence being changed other than having greater input - not - conjuring up and presenting deals independently and running them up the flagpole to Murphy. Not happening IMO. 

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Who says they're all on equal footing? Gute was promoted over Ball.

McCarthy, Ball and Gute all work together. They have to have a working relationship. That doesn't mean that they're all on equal footing and that there's a power struggle. 

Just now, cannondale said:

The premise is communication and everyone being adult enough to come to a correct decision and move forward. Like adults do. Like any major company. No need to scream at what is probably a mirage. Without evidence it's a waste of time.

So you're telling me they are going to see eye-to-eye at all times? 

No. And frankly you want differing opinions in any room. You are assuming these are 3 year olds throwing tantrums and going behind everyone's back. You are assuming the worse case scenario from guys paid a lot of money to keep their job and reach a common goal. You're barking at the moon for no reason

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If you're talking resignings, that's potentially a different item. You know that you want the player back and you've established a market.

If you're talking about outside Free Agents, that's something that a General Manager would not turn over. There's no way that the contract guy is the one calling and making offers to players. Just doesn't make any sense regarding team building. 

The way it worked under Thompson was, Ted would identify a player to re-sign (their own) or go out and get (free agency) and then he left it up to Ball to take it from there. It was simply a YES or a NO from TT as to pursue a player. He left it up to Ball to make it happen or not. TT entrusted Ball with the numbers. If the player signed then great, if not TT trusted Ball made the right decision not to go too far with the money.

They needed to break away from that arrangement. The offer sheet they threw at Fuller has Ball's finger prints all over it.

More huge overreactions going on in here...

A guy I wanted goes for top 4 CB money, people criticize the deal saying it's too cheap.

I don't even get the logic around here anymore. If we had ended up paying him top 4 CB money people would have freaked too lol

Archived