Packers Sign Kyle Fuller to Offer Sheet

Packerraymond

Holy smokes people, step back from the ledge. 

Packers made a play for a CB, which almost everyone has been screaming for. It didn't work out. That's free agency. They can't just throw unlimited money at positions... they made any offer they could afford. Bears had more money and won out. It happens. 

At least they aren't sitting on their hands this year. I'm excited for the activity and attempts. 

2 minutes ago, BluePacker said:

Packers made a play for a CB, which almost everyone has been screaming for. It didn't work out. That's free agency. They can't just throw unlimited money at positions... they made any offer they could afford. Bears had more money and won out. It happens. 

At least they aren't sitting on their hands this year. I'm excited for the activity and attempts. 

New guy has some much needed reason here ha

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

More huge overreactions going on in here...

A guy I wanted goes for top 4 CB money, people criticize the deal saying it's too cheap.

I don't even get the logic around here anymore. If we had ended up paying him top 4 CB money people would have freaked too lol

Thats what I was saying/asking. The word is that now Fuller will be one of the top 5 highest paid CBs in the league. Do you think he's even worth it? Its not my money so I dont really care - but all this we lowballed things.....well, I guess we could have made him the highest paid CB. I guess we could have done that....although I dont know why we would.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Thats what I was saying/asking. The word is that now Fuller will be one of the top 5 highest paid CBs in the league. Do you think he's even worth it? Its not my money so I dont really care - but all this we lowballed things.....well, I guess we could have made him the highest paid CB. I guess we could have done that....although I dont know why we would.

If you make someone the 5th highest paid guy at his position when he hits Free Agency, that's about standard for a top 10 player. The market increases every year. It's not just for QBs. 

AJ Buyoe ws the 5th highest paid CB last year. Do we think ghtahe's a top 5 CB?

Just now, incognito_man said:

You keep acting like it's an overreaction that we didn't get him and you neglect so many of the factors that make people upset about this move.

There are a lot of corners available right now.  We just put our ability to sign one in the hands of the Bears for five days on a serious, unlikely prayer to get one of them. 

15 minutes ago, BluePacker said:

They made a play for the one CB who could have the deal matched by the original team. It was pointless. And now all the CB’s that were free to sign anywhere, and are worth a darn, are gone. 

It sucks that the attempt failed, but here's what I'm having a hard time understanding.... if the deal is so team friendly, why did Fuller sign it? I guess you could say nobody else was offering anything better, but in that case I think he could just wait.

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Isn't there a second scenario floating around where that isn't the case .... as much ? I'm late to the party

Not really. 

We either gave them a really sweetheart deal or a slightly less sweetheart deal. 

I'll be happy to say I'm wrong when we see numbers, but that wasn't structured the way it needed to be for this tag. 

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

A guy I wanted goes for top 4 CB money, people criticize the deal saying it's too cheap.

I don't even get the logic around here anymore. If we had ended up paying him top 4 CB money people would have freaked too lol

It's 2018 no one looks at the non guaranteed money anymore.

7 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You keep acting like it's an overreaction that we didn't get him and you neglect so many of the factors that make people upset about this move.

There are a lot of corners available right now.  We just put our ability to sign one in the hands of the Bears for five days on a serious, unlikely prayer to get one of them. 

It is an overreaction. I'm not acting like it I'm straight up saying it.

This was the number one guy on my list, but I knew that Chicago has all the leverage. It was a pipe dream, but Chicago obviously wanted him. 

Have to take your chance if you like him and offering a top 4 salary is a genuine effort.

3 minutes ago, Kepler said:

It sucks that the attempt failed, but here's what I'm having a hard time understanding.... if the deal is so team friendly, why did Fuller sign it? I guess you could say nobody else was offering anything better, but in that case I think he could just wait.

That’s actually a good question. Maybe Fuller was hoping to come to GB. Or maybe he just wanted it resolved instead of playing on the tag. 

Archived