Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

15 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

One thing of note, for those saying Baker has all day to throw, he released the ball in 2.98 seconds.  For comparison, Rosen and Darnold in 2.6 seconds and Allen in 3.08.  

That stat is saying when he threw not how long he had to throw. WR could be open 3 seconds into a route and you throw to them (bc that’s normally around when a route is concluded) but the OLine could have given the QB 7 more seconds to throw. And overall if you watch a decent amount of mayfield... you see he has a lot of time to throw the ball a lot of the time. Yet again another skewed Mayfield stat.

I’ll add that I never have said Mayfield has bad pocket presence, poor release time, etc. My mere point was that bc if the spread offense and a better OLine than most the other QBs he had longer to throw and go through progressions. Which I’ve eluded to inflated his stats and that’s it. Stats like completition percentage, yardage and TDs surely go up when you have a couple extra seconds to throw constantly. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That stat is saying when he threw not how long he had to throw. WR could be open 3 seconds into a route and you throw to them (bc that’s normally around when a route is concluded) but the OLine could have given the QB 7 more seconds to throw. And overall if you watch a decent amount of mayfield... you see he has a lot of time to throw the ball a lot of the time. Yet again another skewed Mayfield stat.

It's saying he threw the ball, on average, 2.98 seconds after the snap.  Then again, if you want another snap, Mayfield was pressured on 22.4% of his snaps; Rosen was pressured on 26% of his snaps.

He is arrogant. He doesn't need to change that. Not sure how that is an issue. All it is going to do is have some people not like him. But that has nothing to do with his performance. If he comes to NY, there will be some Jets fans that don't like him. It is what it is. I'm sure there were Jets fans that didn't like Keyshawn.

4 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

He is arrogant. He doesn't need to change that. Not sure how that is an issue. All it is going to do is have some people not like him. But that has nothing to do with his performance. If he comes to NY, there will be some Jets fans that don't like him. It is what it is. I'm sure there were Jets fans that didn't like Keyshawn.

Blasphemy ...... LOL

Anyone who actually cares that Baker didn't put as much time into the SD playbook as he did to probably the 5 others from teams far far more likely to draft him are being a bit absurd.  I saw the video of the interview where he said he didn't put as much time into it as he should have but he was studying the other playbooks.  Word is he aced the other ones.  Why would he want to get drafted to the Chargers who have a QB that might be there for 2 more years. 

How does everyone here feel about Eli Manning?  Because not only did he not absorb the Chargers playbook, he got drafted by them and then refused to play for them forcing a trade....... are you kidding me?  That is 100000000x worse.  He has since been a model pro and won 2 superbowls....  Putting any real weight on this non story is a vast over reaction.

1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

Anyone who actually cares that Baker didn't put as much time into the SD playbook as he did to probably the 5 others from teams far far more likely to draft him are being a bit absurd.  I saw the video of the interview where he said he didn't put as much time into it as he should have but he was studying the other playbooks.  Word is he aced the other ones.  Why would he want to get drafted to the Chargers who have a QB that might be there for 2 more years. 

How does everyone here feel about Eli Manning?  Because not only did he not absorb the Chargers playbook, he got drafted by them and then refused to play for them forcing a trade....... are you kidding me?  That is 100000000x worse.  He has since been a model pro and won 2 superbowls....  Putting any real weight on this non story is a vast over reaction.

If he did that to us you wouldn’t wanna draft him so let’s stay unbiase here. Mayfield was 100% wrong and unprofessional here. 

The pre draft new conference with Mac & all the reporters when ask who he wanted in the draft, Mac told them he wants to draft a safety. Why would these reporters ask him a stupid question like that, Mac won't even tell us who he wants. Of course Mac isn't going to tell those clowns who he wants. I for one will be glad when this pre draft stuff is over.

6 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

If he did that to us you wouldn’t wanna draft him so let’s stay unbiase here. Mayfield was 100% wrong and unprofessional here. 

The thing is....he didn't do it to us. Lol. That's just plain fact and truth. Nothing to be bias for.

I don't think it was wise for him to mention this now before the draft but I feel like he's in overdrive mode to create this "I'm not a bad person image" that he doesn't even have to do but feel pressured to do because of continuous media banter. So coming clean about his true feelings is a way to do so.

but like....who cares about the chargers. Maybe he don't care for them regardless. He don't want them to trade up for him and just don't want to be there. Is that so far fetched? I mean....Eli didn't wanna be apart of the Charger organization 

6 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I agree that he probably should not have admitted to not putting 100% into learning their playbook but him doing this to the 17th pick in the draft doesn’t really bother me. If he were to say it about the Jets/Browns/Broncos/Bills/Dolphins who are probably all far more likely to select him then I’d probably make a bigger deal of it.

I do like what Baker said about Kirk Cousins haha "I wanted to look at Kirk Cousins and say, I have a few places I don't want you to go so you don't take my spot" 

25 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I agree that he probably should not have admitted to not putting 100% into learning their playbook but him doing this to the 17th pick in the draft doesn’t really bother me. If he were to say it about the Jets/Browns/Broncos/Bills/Dolphins who are probably all far more likely to select him then I’d probably make a bigger deal of it.

I do like what Baker said about Kirk Cousins haha "I wanted to look at Kirk Cousins and say, I have a few places I don't want you to go so you don't take my spot" 

You have been very low key lately, who is your sleeper in the draft this year, you are the guy who push for Anderson and he was great when he was on the field.

1 hour ago, DowNY said:

The thing is....he didn't do it to us. Lol. That's just plain fact and truth. Nothing to be bias for.

I don't think it was wise for him to mention this now before the draft but I feel like he's in overdrive mode to create this "I'm not a bad person image" that he doesn't even have to do but feel pressured to do because of continuous media banter. So coming clean about his true feelings is a way to do so.

but like....who cares about the chargers. Maybe he don't care for them regardless. He don't want them to trade up for him and just don't want to be there. Is that so far fetched? I mean....Eli didn't wanna be apart of the Charger organization 

That’s the problem honestly, you cannot just disregard this because he didn’t do it to us. 

Imagine if he was late to a meeting or whatever would you say we’ll he was on time to ours so I don’t care. It doesn’t work that way. 

Don't believe the hype. Maccagnan is giggling at all this Mayfield talk to bring some suspense to the draft.   Josh Rosen will be the Jets pick.   Josh Rosen was the best QB before the draft and he is now.  The comeback game against Texas A&M tells me all I need to know.  Welcome to New York Mr. Rosen.

GO JETS!!!!

Archived