Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

Been looking at mock drafts for weeks on end, even before the trade, does anyone feel like every analyst has been trying to force our pick to be Josh Allen? 

Before and after the trade, picking 6 OR 3, I just feel like people keep putting Allen on us. 

I almost feel like most analysts know he is the worst of the bunch, so for that reason alone they slate him to us like they WANT us to make the bad pick. Just a feeling I cant shake. 

1 hour ago, Johntyler82 said:

Been looking at mock drafts for weeks on end, even before the trade, does anyone feel like every analyst has been trying to force our pick to be Josh Allen? 

Before and after the trade, picking 6 OR 3, I just feel like people keep putting Allen on us. 

I almost feel like most analysts know he is the worst of the bunch, so for that reason alone they slate him to us like they WANT us to make the bad pick. Just a feeling I cant shake. 

I think they see the players that Macc has drafted and assume he wants the biggest strongest guy. But Macc has also gone after players like Teddy and Watson who don't fit that mold. Nobody knows who the Jets have on top of the board. We can all just guess. 

Edit: What I would say is that leadership is a key trait Macc looks for. It's one of the main traits that's been  consistent in the last 5 or so QB's we've been linked to. 

Watched more Allen, Jackson, and Mayfield. 

Continue to believe that all are worth the pick. Really just preference. Still want Rosen but I'd these Allen pairings are true I'm content. 

If Allen had just hit a few more if those streak routes I'd probably have him higher. Alarming, but not damning. He's accurate for the most part. Interviews with him very important and obviously I don't have that ability. 

Connecting all of the dots, I’d be stunned if the Giants stay at #2 and draft a QB. The Giants OC is on record saying that’s Eli has “years” left. Gettleman is in his first year as GM in which he will have pressure to win right away. I also believe that ownership is fully behind Eli. 

The Giants are most likely to stay put and draft Barkley, unless the Bills (or another team) offer them a deal they cannot refuse. Seems to me like the Giants are in love with Barkley and know Cleveland would take him at 4 if they traded back to the 5th pick (Broncos). 

If you go back to when the Eagles traded up to #2, the media/fan perception was that they didn’t know who the Rams were taking and would be okay drafting either. It has since come out that they absolutely knew who the Rams were taking and they traded up for Wentz specifically. While the Jets probably have 3 QBs graded close together, no question in my mind they have a specific target that they traded up for that they believe will be there at 3. 

There is no way for sure for the Jets to know that the Giants won’t trade out, but they must have a good feel for what the Giants are going to do. Think about it, the Jets were in contact with the Giants for months about moving up. What does it tell them if the Giants refused to move down? Tells me that they are infatuated with Barkley and don’t want to risk losing him. All of this is my gut feeling but I think Mike Maccagan traded up for Josh Rosen. Come draft day I really believe it goes Darnold-Barkley-Rosen in that order. 

Did Bates attend Mayfield's pro day? It was reported he was at Rosen's pro day. I really hope Bates has a big say in who we draft. The best thing we can do is get a QB that fits our WCO system. QB's fail because they get put in positions to either not utilize the skills they have or get asked to do something they are not good at. Goff looked mediocre his first year then took off under an OC that fits him better. 

Of the big 5, Mayfield and Rosen are the best fits for our offense. All these QB's can be successful at the next level as long as teams don't try to fit a square peg in a round hole. 

17 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Have a hard time believing the jets don’t at least know who’s going 1

I can't think of a time when the consensus number 1 didn't go number 1. Darnold has been tied to that spot the entire time. The Browns' supposedly aren't sending major front office people to Allen's pro day. It was rumored a few months ago that Dorsey didn't like Rosen. I don't think Dorsey attended Rosen's or Mayfield's pro days. 

The Browns' entire front office is attending Darnold's pro day. That's their guy. No doubt. 

26 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I can't think of a time when the consensus number 1 didn't go number 1. Darnold has been tied to that spot the entire time. The Browns' supposedly aren't sending major front office people to Allen's pro day. It was rumored a few months ago that Dorsey didn't like Rosen. I don't think Dorsey attended Rosen's or Mayfield's pro days. 

The Browns' entire front office is attending Darnold's pro day. That's their guy. No doubt. 

KC was tied to Joeckel the entire draft process until the day before and took Fisher. Only one I can think of.

Archived