Draft Discussion Thread

El Ramster

9 hours ago, chris00cm said:

I just don't see how Landry realistically drops this far. He's too talented. I could watch his 2016 Florida State game on a loop.

Here's the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsKcTHGaJSc&feature=youtu.be

It would be dumb, but maybe the QBs and his lack of size and run-stopping ability drop him down just far enough.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It would be dumb, but maybe the QBs and his lack of size and run-stopping ability drop him down just far enough.

My hope his lack of versatility (I don't think 43 teams would be as interested) helps him to slide down a little

3 hours ago, Flatlyner said:

Damn good numbers by Fountain!  I'm starting to really like Evans also, but still holding out hope for Landry there.

I'm holding out hope for Landry still as well (which I think there's a legitimate chance of happening), but I also really like Leighton Vander Esch at ILB. I think he'd be a great fit and he's loaded with potential. If we lose out on Landry, I'd hope we take LVE over Evans (who I also like in his own right) 

If the Rams were closer to the offer the Chiefs gave Watkins and they are interested in trading for OBJ, would it be insane if the Rams drafted Ridley, Kirk, or Sutton at pick 23? Like I think the Rams could have their choice of maybe all of them at pick 23 at worst one goes off the board leaving the Rams with the rest of the receiver position to choose from. Maybe they might have the guy the ranked the highest overall  still on the board. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

would it be insane if the Rams drafted Ridley, Kirk, or Sutton at pick 23?

Ridley? No. Kirk or Sutton? Yes, not worth that pick.

Calvin Ridley should be the only WR we are even thinking about as an option, and thats if he falls to us

I'm really not in love with the WR class this year to be honest.  I'd rather we go EDGE, LB, or O Line with our first pick.  Honestly, I think the best route is trading back into 2nd to pick up another mid round pick or another 2nd-3rd.  We could use a few more bodies at LB and O Line.

On 3/27/2018 at 10:22 AM, stl4life07 said:

If the Rams were closer to the offer the Chiefs gave Watkins and they are interested in trading for OBJ, would it be insane if the Rams drafted Ridley, Kirk, or Sutton at pick 23? Like I think the Rams could have their choice of maybe all of them at pick 23 at worst one goes off the board leaving the Rams with the rest of the receiver position to choose from. Maybe they might have the guy the ranked the highest overall  still on the board. 

Yes.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yes.

Is it that real cut and dry? I don’t know how the Rams board stacks up but if reports are true that the Rams offer to Watkins was close to what the Chiefs offered and now the Rams have interest in OBJ which means giving up 1st rounders AND paying him, that tells me that maybe just MAYBE the Rams want that WR1. So if they feel Ridley, Kirk, or Sutton could be and one of them is available at 23 or even trade back some and still have one of them on the board, maybe they go that route.

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Is it that real cut and dry? I don’t know how the Rams board stacks up but if reports are true that the Rams offer to Watkins was close to what the Chiefs offered and now the Rams have interest in OBJ which means giving up 1st rounders AND paying him, that tells me that maybe just MAYBE the Rams want that WR1. So if they feel Ridley, Kirk, or Sutton could be and one of them is available at 23 or even trade back some and still have one of them on the board, maybe they go that route.

You asked for our opinions, mot whether it's possible. I have serious doubts about Ridley being available, and the other two don't interest me enough at #23.

Archived