Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

? would you take a 1st round pick for Carr, also is that a real possibility considering how hard it is to find a good quarterback, i don't see the QB we drafted in 14 i see a guy that's seems unsure where he wants to go with the ball.Todd Downing got killed last year for his Tecmo Bowl playbook but could it actually be that Carr after breaking his ankle in 16 couldn't recover mentally from the injury 

1 minute ago, BigPerro said:

? would you take a 1st round pick for Carr, also is that a real possibility considering how hard it is to find a good quarterback, i don't see the QB we drafted in 14 i see a guy that's seems unsure where he wants to go with the ball.Todd Downing got killed last year for his Tecmo Bowl playbook but could it actually be that Carr after breaking his ankle in 16 couldn't recover mentally from the injury 

Take a 1st in a heartbeat. Won’t get it though.

16 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Take a 1st in a heartbeat. Won’t get it though.

I disagree. A defender has much lower value (the Mack example). Keep in mind how much Jay Cutler was traded for, and how few accomplishments he has/had. If they can't get at least a 1st and possibly more, they shouldn't trade him, point blank. 

And yes, I'd support a trade of him at this point. It's the same Raider story I think. Carr has big time issues, the most concerning of which to me is - Gruden is the 1st coach in some time if at all putting the expectation on Carr of being a top player and team leader. Running a complex offense. Under Musgrave he was babied with heavy protections, rollouts, and so on. He never really "worked the pocket", but that is by and large the thing that all the top elite QBs do. Last year he was babied with an idiot simplified offense. His 1st year he checked down consistently and played entirely without risk or challenge.

He's never been challenged the way a guy like, for example, Aaron Rodgers has been. I recall years where Rodgers had the worst line imaginable, under constant pressure, and made it work and kept his team a winner or at least afloat. Tom Brady deals with constant turnover on the players around him, having sometimes excelled with absolute garbage at the skill positions. Phillip Rivers loses teammates to injury week in and week out every year but produces all the same. Drew Brees has survived years and years without any defense to speak of, all the weight falling on him. Peyton Manning ran his offense on the field on his own. Carr has to meet some sort of challenge in his career to take a next step as a player and leader. He's met none thus far and his only accomplishment is one year where this team was unimaginably clutch and lucky. Even in that year he was still wildly inconsistent, in an offense that absolutely went flatline for large stretches of games.

I think it's possible for Carr to leave and become a much better player than the guy we trade. But that's it's unlikely to happen here, hence the same old Raider story. For once though, they need to extract maximum value for the guy or tell the team that wants him to go screw. 

On 9/23/2018 at 8:36 AM, SilverNBlackFan said:

I wonder where @NightTrainLane is because I remember going back and forth with him about Gruden having his own separate staff in there and the divide it would create. That's a recipe for dysfunction.

We all saw this coming from a mile away. I'm really not too torn up about it because McKenzie has been downright dreadful at drafting. But the way they tried to sell us that they could work together and be all peaches and cream was unnecessary. Once Gruden was hired, Reggie should've made his exit.

I'm not sure why this has to be a Gruden vs Reggie thing. I think it's more of a new coaching coaching and a new direction for the team and that would rightly mean roster turnover. Pretty simple but you can feel like you were right this whole time if you wanna be a drama king.

16 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I'm not sure why this has to be a Gruden vs Reggie thing. I think it's more of a new coaching coaching and a new direction for the team and that would rightly mean roster turnover. Pretty simple but you can feel like you were right this whole time if you wanna be a drama king.

Good to see you back posting 

Archived