Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

46 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Whitehead is kind of on the coaches imo. He's a quality run defender and thats it. He shouldnt be seeing hundreds of snaps in pass coverage. Then again, that probably just speaks to how awful our LBs are that he's having to be a 3 down player

Pass defense was always his weakness 

43 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Whitehead is kind of on the coaches imo. He's a quality run defender and thats it. He shouldnt be seeing hundreds of snaps in pass coverage. Then again, that probably just speaks to how awful our LBs are that he's having to be a 3 down player

We have been in dire straights for ages in the LBer area. I hope this offseason we attack that position. Crossing my fingers for Bosa/Ferrell, White, and Greedy. I would be so happy if that was our first day in the draft.

15 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Hes not trash when he's used properly. He's a good 2 down thumper in the run. Thats all hes ever been good at.

That seems to be a theme this year.  Many of our underachieving players are miscast in our system and it all starts up front with our line.  KO and Jackson are not good in the ZBS combined with 2 rookies on the outside so Carr looks worse and kills our running game.  We trade Mack who made plays when we needed them and took attention away from others to help them is gone so we have to rely on a SLB to be our top edge guy and team captain.  Now we have an offense that can not stay on the field and a defense that can not get off the field.  Stick to a PBS and do not trade Mack and this team could be a playoff team but not SB contender with out some luck.  In a couple years this team might be better than we ever imagined but they have to hit these picks out of the park and be smart in FA.  After a decade and a half of sucking, then making the playoffs, and then have it all torn down is tough to watch.  We will probably end up with 7 first rounders in the next 2 years after it is all said and done to go along with $120-30 million in cap space this off-season so the potential is there if the right choices are made more often then the bad choices.  Going to be a rough ride on the way to Vegas.

Looking back on the 2017 draft I wish we would of taken Ryan Ramcyzk. He was my favorite T prospect in that draft, and had us taking him in my mock. However, things happen in the draft you don’t expect, like Conley tumbling. I had Conley as my best corner and viewed him as a must-select. I have no where near given up on Conely, but Ramcyzk is the best RT in football, easily probably a Top 5 LT if he moves there, and was graded as the 8th best T in the entire NFL as a Rookie. I like Kolton Miller, besides Derwin James still being on the board, I was one of the few who liked the pick. Think he has solid Top 10 LT potential. However, Ramcyzk is the next Trent Williams/Tyron Smith and we unfortunately passed on him. 

28 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Looking back on the 2017 draft I wish we would of taken Ryan Ramcyzk. He was my favorite T prospect in that draft, and had us taking him in my mock. However, things happen in the draft you don’t expect, like Conley tumbling. I had Conley as my best corner and viewed him as a must-select. I have no where near given up on Conely, but Ramcyzk is the best RT in football, easily probably a Top 5 LT if he moves there, and was graded as the 8th best T in the entire NFL as a Rookie. I like Kolton Miller, besides Derwin James still being on the board, I was one of the few who liked the pick. Think he has solid Top 10 LT potential. However, Ramcyzk is the next Trent Williams/Tyron Smith and we unfortunately passed on him. 

I really feel like you can't go wrong drafting tackles from Wisconsin.  JS. 

10 hours ago, big_palooka said:

But he signed a 3 year 19 mil deal to be more than a "good" 2 down player.

But trying to force him to do something he is not good at or at least the most capable of doing only hurts the team overall.  That is why BB is so good.  He rarely puts players in a position he knows they are less likely to succeed.  That and situational coaching is 90% of what he does and it works.  He never reaches the Peter Principle.  He does not advance their players to the point that they become incompetent.  Practice it at practice til you can do it correctly in the game.  He is also amazing at making adjustments, pushing the rules to the limit, and working the officiating crew to get his way.

As a coach you do not say well you are the best we got so go out their and try.  You are suppose to try and find ways to hide that deficiency on your team and adjust to get the team you are playing to accomplish their goals in a different way.  How many years have we had to watch TEs destroy our team.  Nobody ever figured out that something needed to be changed.  A good coach would adapt at half time of the first game it happened at the very least.  We had to watch for years and we as fans knew it was coming.

Archived