Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

I am & have always been on the fence with Cousins.

I think he's a good QB and compiles stats with the best of them.

I think he's intelligent & seems to have his head on straight on & off the field.

I also think he lets his emotions get the better of him during games. He's passionate, which is great!

Now that may or may not be why he folds like a tent in big games. But this is a big concern I have of him.

Maybe if we got him some major offensive weapons, we could eliminate that. I don't know...

What I do know, is we are about to possibly pay this man a gazillion dollars & he's won absolutely zero playoff games for us.

Don't know about you, but when I pay big money to my Plummer or Electrician or Doctor or Attorney or whatever, I do so because I know absolutely what I am getting.

Personally...if we do not have Cousins locked up long term by the draft, I would be drafting a QB with my 1st or 2nd rd pick.

I'm not letting Cousins hold this team hostage no matter how much, I like the dude.

That's my take, anyways.

I just think we should move on and save our cap for next year . build pieces and be patient this isn't the shanahan era or cerrito era we actually have talent on the team . Keep building the D and take our time .

if we sign Cousins long term we might lose chances to get other future needs . Many reasons why the colts and Ravens aren't that good just simply cus they can't afford quality players. Luck and flacco taken a ton of cap .

im not huge on alex smith he isn't bad but that 3 year-60 mil contract isn't bad considering .

34 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I just think we should move on and save our cap for next year . build pieces and be patient this isn't the shanahan era or cerrito era we actually have talent on the team . Keep building the D and take our time .

if we sign Cousins long term we might lose chances to get other future needs . Many reasons why the colts and Ravens aren't that good just simply cus they can't afford quality players. Luck and flacco taken a ton of cap .

im not huge on alex smith he isn't bad but that 3 year-60 mil contract isn't bad considering .

If we’re gonna pay Alex 20 per we’re essentially opening up 4 million in cap space and we’re losing our home grown QB who is going into his prime for a QB who you know isn’t winning a playoff game and isn’t going any further without the best rosters in football then where we’re currently at. I’d take my chance with Colt or a rookie if we’re going the build the roster into a powerhouse route then just run with what you have a draft a rookie

which we’ve seen how that’s working out for Denver and every other team that could never find a QB in that route. Just pay the one we have look at the falcons. Look how long it took them to be where they are with Ryan and look at them now. I roll with Kirk

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If Kirk leaves I'm starting to think we should use our free agent dollars on Andrew Norwell. If the panthers let him walk that's who I'm going after with big money. 

How good is he ??‍♂️?haven't watched Carolina a lot this year .

Just look at Atlanta. All the times the fans wanted Ryan gone because they couldn’t make the leap. Brees has had down years. I’m sorry we can’t let Kirk go when he’s finally taking the steps we need this roster is right there there’s no second option this guy is literally the difference between our first chance at legit playoff hopes every season and being what we have been!!!!!! I take my chances with Kirk with less cap over being the same old top 10 picks in the draft those years suck

On 1/7/2018 at 5:19 PM, ripsean21 said:

Just look at Atlanta. All the times the fans wanted Ryan gone because they couldn’t make the leap. Brees has had down years. I’m sorry we can’t let Kirk go when he’s finally taking the steps we need this roster is right there there’s no second option this guy is literally the difference between our first chance at legit playoff hopes every season and being what we have been!!!!!! I take my chances with Kirk with less cap over being the same old top 10 picks in the draft those years suck

That being said, I don't think he wants to be here. Maybe its me but watching him answer the questions at the event I noticed he shook his head "No" when he was talking about wanting to stay here. Non-verbal communication is like 90% of all communication. And people, many times, do not realize they are giving the game away in negotiations with me with their nonverbal communication. I'm not infallible in my perception of people, but I think that raises huge alarm bells to people who watch for this stuff (people negotiating contracts, sales, etc...).

Do yourself a favor. Listen to only the questions asked. Then mute his answers and only try to ascertain his answer from his nonverbal communication. Its a great exercise in reading people.

57 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

That being said, I don't think he wants to be here. Maybe its me but watching him answer the questions at the event I noticed he shook his head "No" when he was talking about wanting to stay here. Non-verbal communication is like 90% of all communication. And people, many times, do not realize they are giving the game away in negotiations with me with their nonverbal communication. I'm not infallible in my perception of people, but I think that raises huge alarm bells to people who watch for this stuff (people negotiating contracts, sales, etc...).

Do yourself a favor. Listen to only the questions asked. Then mute his answers and only try to ascertain his answer from his nonverbal communication. Its a great exercise in reading people.

That’s crazy!!! I believe you I’m gonna do that because I’ve heard people say that before as I tend to well listen to people at their word and that’s awesome.

5 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

That’s crazy!!! I believe you I’m gonna do that because I’ve heard people say that before as I tend to well listen to people at their word and that’s awesome.

Yeah, again its not infallible. Some people just are wired differently. And it can lead to misreading the person. But I've been pretty accurate so far (with some notable misses).

Yeah, just go to the 106.7 The Fan presser where he was answering questions.

7 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, again its not infallible. Some people just are wired differently. And it can lead to misreading the person. But I've been pretty accurate so far (with some notable misses).

Yeah, just go to the 106.7 The Fan presser where he was answering questions.

The things we learn in life that’s crazy I was searching it as I was responding. I took a minute from the last of my Fitzpatrick breakdown before the game. Your right he does shake his head no which is kinda funny. Especially when you listen to what he’s saying. I’m very observant in tones and eyes and just mouth movement it’s a Virgo thing but I’ve never actually paid attention to someone shaking their head like yes or no almost that’s pretty cool. Thanks Thai you’ve changed my already OCD coversating breaking down to a new level lol

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/35347/redskins-kirk-cousins-face-multiple-key-dates-in-contract-decision 

Feb. 20: The first day the Redskins can use the franchise or transition tag on Cousins. 

March 6: Deadline to apply the franchise or transition tag.

March 14: The start of the new league year, which also means the start of free agency and the ability to trade players.

April 2: Teams with new coaches can start working out. This might not impact Cousins at all, but if a team with a new head coach wants him, it would be helpful to have it worked out by this date so they can get to work.

April 16: Reporting date for teams with head coaches who are returning. Cousins has been big on not missing any offseason work, so there's little doubt he would want some sort of resolution by this point (teams would want the same).

April 26: The first round of the draft.

July 16: The deadline for franchise players to sign a multi-year deal.

July 23: The deadline for any team to sign Cousins if the Redskins use a transition tag designation.

Based on the timeline, the Transition Tag looks like a real problem if we wanted any resolution for this year.  Its possible some team steals him from us AFTER the draft, leaving us with practically nothing at QB for 2018.  The best course of action is to agree to a long term extension before the deadline for any tag to be applied, or hopefully before March 6.  

14 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

But there is zero reason for Kirk to agree to this unless the offer is by far the highest contract in nfl history

i feel bad for Dumbo because he’s right- he needs clarity at QB in next few weeks to plan for 18. 

I don't think it'll be all about money for Cousins.  They'll have to pitch him on staying.  Go to him and say, hey look we're gonna go out and sign a legit #1 WR for you in FA this year.  We're gonna fix the LG position to protect you even if we have to spent a first or second round pick on one.  Appeal to his legacy too.  Talk to him about staying with one organization his whole career.  Talk to him about how he knows he can succeed in Gruden's system, but how going anywhere else there's always the unknown.  His family lives here and has a home, and how he'd have to upend them to move them across the country.  Heck bring in some of his teammates, have team leaders like Trent Williams tell him how they don't want him to leave.  There's so much you can pitch him on other than just money.

Archived