Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

You think there's something special about Bruce Allen?  

I would be much more willing to do this whole rebuild situation if we had someone else in charge of it.  

Bruce Allen sucks

but I do feel more comfortable with a Gruden input  on things . Espically with Doug Williams in our FO.

25 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I didnt read all of it that's my fault s . Yes the Browns have tons of caps but lol dude what makes you think he wouldn't go .

People will sacrifice legacy for financial wealth .

Dude just got 54M for 2 years. He has financial security. Plenty. He wants a chance to win a ring. The Browns are no where near close to being a contender. They have not been close to 2 wins in 2 years. 

4 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Bruce Allen sucks

but I do feel more comfortable with a Gruden input  on things . Espically with Doug Williams in our FO.

You think any of them have any input into what Bruce does? 

John-Krasinski-no.gif

My 3 year old has a better chance of negotiating a contract with Cousins than Bruce Allen. 

MintyThatBluetonguelizard-max-1mb.gif

9 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Dude just got 54M for 2 years. He has financial security. Plenty. He wants a chance to win a ring. The Browns are no where near close to being a contender. They have not been close to 2 wins in 2 years. 

I agree with you on the two years lol. I been telling people that as well.

i mean I agree we given him a lot of money already . But that's what kills me is that we are blaming the FO a lot . How much does Kirk cousins want ? We honestly have a better shot than Denver .

If I'm Bruce Allen I'd offer him the same contract . Like you said and I agree 100 percent he's finically stable . He will accept what we offered and he will accept the fact we give him a better chance than Denver or the Browns /Jets .

minnesota and the Jaguars are the only teams to look for . But the redskins would be his best and should .

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Also here's the entire quote:

“He’s a good player,” McCloughan told Mike Pritchard and Cecil Lammey. “Is he special? I don’t see special. But also, we were still building a roster around him to make him special. Jay Gruden does a great job play-calling. [Former Redskins offensive coordinator-turned-Los Angeles Rams Coach] Sean McVay did a great job play-calling to put him in positions to be successful. He’s talented. Talent is good at quarterback in the NFL. He’s won games. I know his record overall is not over .500. I know he has not won a playoff game. But he’s competitive. He works his tail off. He’s so methodical. Every day he has planned out. He’s always in the building, he’s always watching tape, he’s always talking to coaches, he was talking to me. From the standpoint of the tangibles, they’re excellent. You just need to have some talent around him because you don’t want him to be throwing the ball 35 to 40 times to win the game. You want to have a running game, have a good defense, good [special] teams, and then let him do what he does.”

Why is Scot still not here!!!! Maybe I just have PTSD!!!! 

Or thats right PT(Redskins)D lol

Just now, Dashing202 said:

I agree with you on the two years lol. I been telling people that as well.

i mean I agree we given him a lot of money already . But that's what kills me is that we are blaming the FO a lot . How much does Kirk cousins want ? We honestly have a better shot than Denver , there old now .

atleast with us give or take we can get more players down the line . But idk dude people do things for his family and I guess if he's thinking like that he'll bite the bullet and take the money the Browns offer if it's way more than us .

other wise he should just come back unless Minnesota completely feels kirks the guy . 

He will not sign with the Browns. He has the money. He wants the ring. 

Now that's I think about it id be stunned if cousins isn't back . Okay I felt like he would leave because of the money . But like Mike said he's already rich as heck .

i mean 24 mil a year also on top of that in a long term contract ?. I'm just figuring out what kirk would want in a multi million dollar deal .

like 24 is GOOD enough and he should respect his legacy . If he does not comeback it's manly because he flat out was never a true redskins . Maybe bittness for how some of us fans and the FO threated him .

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

Or 44 million...

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

Now that's I think about it id be stunned if cousins isn't back . Okay I felt like he would leave because of the money . But like Mike said he's already rich as heck .

i mean 24 mil a year also on top of that in a long term contract ?. I'm just figuring out what kirk would want in a multi million dollar deal .

like 24 is GOOD enough and he should respect his legacy . If he does not comeback it's manly because he flat out was never a true redskins . Maybe bittness for how some of us fans and the FO threated him .

The reports are Kirk would take a short term fully guaranteed contract before even a contract like Stafford got. Kirk wants a fully guaranteed contract, I don’t think he’s going to get it, but he’s holding out hope for it.

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The reports are Kirk would take a short term fully guaranteed contract before even a contract like Stafford got. Kirk wants a fully guaranteed contract, I don’t think he’s going to get it, but he’s holding out hope for it.

How much tho?

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2018/01/19/scot-mccloughan-on-redskins-quarterback-kirk-cousins-i-dont-see-special/

Just what I think.. You can't pay a king's ransom for less than "Special". Sounds like McGlue would let him walk and draft Mayfiled.. 

The truth from Mccloughan finally comes out. He never wanted to pay Cousins the $19m on the franchise tag even. He talked about trading Kirk as I remember becsuse Kirk wouldn’t take an on average $16.5 M per year contract.

42 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The truth from Mccloughan finally comes out. He never wanted to pay Cousins the $19m on the franchise tag even. He talked about trading Kirk as I remember becsuse Kirk wouldn’t take an on average $16.5 M per year contract.

Nothing McCloughan said is wrong. Kirk isn't a special QB. He's a top 10 QB but he's never going to be on the level of the truly elite. He's going to be paid like it and he won't be a disappointment to whomever pays him but he's just not going to be a Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben type. I think he's better than Matt Ryan but I also think Ryan is horribly overrated. 

Kirks going to do fine for the Jets/Jags/Broncos but he has no interest in coming back here. He's far too nice and actual cares about the fanbase to say otherwise. A lot of fans will hold it against him but we don't get to see the things inside the building that he does. He's not going to leave because he hates being a Redskin. He's going to leave because he hates who's running the Redskins. 

Archived