Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

@Danger, good stats. Thanks for sharing them. Its certainly something to chew on. I did hear a stat on the radio that stated something to the effect that he has 11 GWD in 55 games (20%). I do think his 2 minute drill game sucks though. His passer rating drops with under 2 minutes to play and not leading. Still its improving. His 2017 stats in the 2 minute drill were better than 2016, which was better than 2015, etc...

3 hours ago, Slateman said:

Why didn't they attack New England deep?

Because Bortles isn't capable of doing that. Cousins is.

Cousins has a 100.8 passer rating in games decided by a TD or less. 99.1 when ahead by 1-8 points. And that was this year, when he had jack to work with. Last year he was even better.

Your position is ridiculous to start with, and completely untenable with even a cursory examination of the last two seasons.

My position is far from ridiculous. Kirk struggled in a play-in game against a giants team with nothing to play for and the season before struggled against Green Bay in the playoffs.  Both of these things you know yet you conveniently ignore.  He also completely crapped the bed against the Cowboys with a lot on the line.  For whatever reason he struggles in these situations and we all know it.

And for the love of god I've said why they didn't attack New England deep. Bortles sucks. They did the exact same thing against Buffalo when he threw for 80 yards. It's not like they rolled out some brand new playbook for their game against the Pats. Kirk is better and nobody is debating that.  It's like you are in an argument with yourself over this.  My point still stands about Kirk.  With his history of struggling in big game situations I don't think he would've fared any better than Bortles. And honestly I don't care if you agree with that or not because you've shown your complete inability to criticize anything related to Kirk's game. At this point it's like I'm having a debate with one of his family members.

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

My position is far from ridiculous. Kirk struggled in a play-in game against a giants team with nothing to play for and the season before struggled against Green Bay in the playoffs.  Both of these things you know yet you conveniently ignore.  He also completely crapped the bed against the Cowboys with a lot on the line.  For whatever reason he struggles in these situations and we all know it.

And for the love of god I've said why they didn't attack New England deep. Bortles sucks. They did the exact same thing against Buffalo when he threw for 80 yards. It's not like they rolled out some brand new playbook for their game against the Pats. Kirk is better and nobody is debating that.  It's like you are in an argument with yourself over this.  My point still stands about Kirk.  With his history of struggling in big game situations I don't think he would've fared any better than Bortles. And honestly I don't care if you agree with that or not because you've shown your complete inability to criticize anything related to Kirk's game. At this point it's like I'm having a debate with one of his family members.

Are you consistent in also criticizing our Head Coach for the same reason or cherry picking to bash Kirk? 

It continues to amaze me how we criticize our best players and those same people give a pass to Dumbo the HC. You may not be one of these but we have a few on the forum

The way I see it, you guys have a fairly talented roster. could use some upgrades at RB and WR. Unfortunately it's not practical to wait until free agency to decide whether or not to fire a head coach, because in my opinion the retention of Gruden should depend on whether Cousins stays or goes. If he goes, I'd restart this thing from the ground up and purge all the dead weight.

5 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Are you consistent in also criticizing our Head Coach for the same reason or cherry picking to bash Kirk? 

It continues to amaze me how we criticize our best players and those same people give a pass to Dumbo the HC. You may not be one of these but we have a few on the forum

Considering I created the fire Jay Gruden thread I'd say I don't hold back on the coach. 

20 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Wait ? Do you want cousins aback or not ? Or is it more of " whatever he's the best we have had in years "

cause I thought you wanted him back. With me idc if he's gone or not I do agree on the big game assessment .

11 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

the smart voice of reason. :)

I agree we cant can him now. I just woudn't have ever hired him. 

Without Kirk- how many wins does he need to save his job?

With Kirk- How many wins does he need?

Hmmm, I'll say 8 without and the Playoffs with.. whatever that takes. 

26 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Bill Belichick after 6 seasons . .427 winning %

Jay Gruden after 4 seasons ......444 winning %

Maybe there is a learning curve. I'm giving him one more season.

There's an asterisk there.

Belichick was with the Browns, you can't really take that into consideration. Look at it this way. He had the Browns almost at .500. Hell, he had the Browns at 11-5, that alone should make him the GOAT coach.

31 minutes ago, Danger said:

There's an asterisk there.

Belichick was with the Browns, you can't really take that into consideration. Look at it this way. He had the Browns almost at .500. Hell, he had the Browns at 11-5, that alone should make him the GOAT coach.

Doesn't that apply for Gruden too . He has Danny and Brucey .:)

For every 2016 Giants game there is a 2015 Eagles game where Kirk played great.

No qb is perfect. The problem we’ve had for years is that we need our starting qb to be nearly perfect to even have a chance to win and that’s because the team around him hasn’t been built well enough. 

Most qbs even if they have a poor day, their defense or running backs will make exceptional plays to help them win a game. I honestly can’t remember anything but the qb and passing offense being the main reason we won a game in the last 3 years.

I guess maybe the 2nd week of the 2015 season vs the St Louis Rams when both Morris and Jones went off and we beat the Rams at home. Cousins played about average that game, but not great and we won the game mainly because of our running game and defense.

You know what .. I'm starting to warm up the idea of aj mcCaron. He would be cheap and has some similarity to Gruden scheme from Cindy . And he had playoff experince and should of beaten the steelers in 2015.

i rather have him than Allen or anyone body else not named Mayfield or Darnold .

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

For every 2016 Giants game there is a 2015 Eagles game where Kirk played great.

No qb is perfect. The problem we’ve had for years is that we need our starting qb to be nearly perfect to even have a chance to win and that’s because the team around him hasn’t been built well enough. 

Most qbs even if they have a poor day, their defense or running backs will make exceptional plays to help them win a game. I honestly can’t remember anything but the qb and passing offense being the main reason we won a game in the last 3 years.

I guess maybe the 2nd week of the 2015 season vs the St Louis Rams when both Morris and Jones went off and we beat the Rams at home. Cousins played about average that game, but not great and we won the game mainly because of our running game and defense.

That's still no excuse for struggling in big game situations. He's a good QB, nobody is disputing that but for whatever reason he struggles in pressure situations. Constantly ignoring this to blame the rest of the team seems silly to me. Sure the team needs to improve but that doesn't give Kirk an excuse for throwing 2-3 picks every time we play the Giants or his struggles in prime time games. He needs to improve his game too.

Archived