Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

6 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Erick Galko

From what I’ve heard, and I asked a lot of people this week, It seems it’s more likely than not that Kirk plays for the #Broncosnext year. And the contract details mat be very interesting. Arizona in the mix as well. If they sign Kirk, I don’t expect a QB at 5. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/OptimumScouting

They can't just let the Broncos have him. How Bruce would survive a situation that turned out as poorly as that, I'll  never know? You tag him and let him work out a contract with the broncos. You get some form of compensation. 

41 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They can't just let the Broncos have him. How Bruce would survive a situation that turned out as poorly as that, I'll  never know? You tag him and let him work out a contract with the broncos. You get some form of compensation. 

I'd more interested on what the contract would be like . 

3 hours ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Quick question that I'm sure has been answered somewhere in this forum. If we transition tag Cousins and then decline to match wherever offer he gets from "X' team, do we get any compensation for that? 

Nope. Only way to get a 2019 comp pick is to let him hit FA without a tag

Guys, what would happen to you at work if you:

lost your companies biggest customer because of your incompetence?

Why is it Bruce still has a job? Maybe It’s Russia? Or he has pictures of Danny in a Moscow hotel room on a  “cultural exchange mission”?Mueller needs to investigate :)

seriousky why why is Bruce sailing through this unscathed when everyone would have been fired? 

2 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Why is it Bruce still has a job? Maybe It’s Russia? Or he has pictures of Danny in a Moscow hotel room on a  “cultural exchange mission”?Mueller needs to investigate :)

seriousky why why is Bruce sailing through this unscathed when everyone would have been fired? 

I don't think he is. I think he's gone after next season. 

6 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I have no faith in the broncos coaches offensively so Kirk can go if he wants but I don’t think Denver is a good fit staff wise

The Broncos are heavily overrated . Kubiak and Phillips are elite coaches .

coaching matters a lot and being prepared .

On 1/26/2018 at 5:37 PM, Danger said:

Ehhhh

Cleveland is literally football hell, where players are sent for their transgressions. Careers go to die.

Or, careers start off there and then players leave after their first contract and then go play in the super bowl or go on deep playoff runs for other organizations.

Alex Mack

Joe Hayden

And I’m sure I’m missing a few.

On 1/27/2018 at 11:37 PM, Doc Draper said:

Love this! But I will say that Bruce hasn’t exactly lost Cousins yet, but the divorce does seem inevitable.

Here’s my two cents though. Dan Snyder is the one who doesn’t love Kirk Cousins enough to agree to give him a long term deal which will make him the highest player in the NFL.

So, since Dan Snyder doesn’t want to give Kirk that kind of contract it absolves Bruce Allen from taking all the blame. Bruce is doing what his boss wants him to do, give Cousins good offers but not the best QB offer in the nfl for a qb and Cousins hasn’t taken them.

So, since Bruce’s Ian doing what Dan wants him to do, that means Bruce is safe.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/30/kirk-cousins-wants-to-win-and-find-the-right-team-he-can-help-win/ 

“Is money a part of it? Sure. Is it the only thing? No,” Cousins said on PFT Live. “It is about winning, and that’s what I want more than anything, so I’m going to be willing to make sacrifices or do what has to be done to make sure I’m in the best possible position to win, and that’s what the focus is going to be.”

Cousins has signed the franchise tag the last two years, and he indicated that if Washington puts the tag on him again this year, he’ll sign it again and play the 2018 season for $34 million.

“I think we’ll do what we’ve done the past two seasons. There’s no need to change the script. Stay consistent with the plan: Let the team do what they want to do,” Cousins said. “We’ll see what the Redskins want to do and then I’ll react accordingly.”

Although some players complain about the franchise tag, Cousins has already played on it twice and said he and his agent think it’s a good deal for a quarterback.

“There’s been a false narrative out there,” Cousins said. “Mike McCartney has really counseled me all along, if the team franchises you one, two, three times, just sign it.”

This is the first thing I've heard Cousins says where I'm now 100% certain he's gone.  This is basically a threat to the Redskins, tag me and I'll sign it.  He won't sign a long term deal here.

Wonder if he means the Transition Tag also ? Guess he'll just sign that and not deal with any other team . Man I pray we let him test the market.. If he goes he goes. Frankly, I'm in the group ( I may be a group of one :) ) I don't want him back at any price. 

Archived