Kirk Cousins Stuff

Woz

On 1/21/2018 at 10:25 PM, lavar703 said:

Bortles played one of his best games against a stout defense. Kirk is definitely better than Bortles but Kirk wouldn't have beaten Brady either. Almost nobody does. The guy's been in the AFC championship half of his career. 

100% wrong. Jacksonville's coaching staff didn't trust him because they knew what he was. That was probably Bortles best game ever. New England's pass defense was pathetic all season.

Their last four drives went: 3 plays, punt; 5 plays, punt; 3 plays, punt; 6 plays, turnover on downs.

In that time frame, New England scored two TDs. New England stacked the box and dared Jacksonville to pass on them. Bortles went 4 for 10 with a sack. Despite a great deal of talent at the receiver position, Jacksonville had no one to get them the ball consistently.

On 1/21/2018 at 8:45 PM, Dashing202 said:

It wasn't Bortles it was the D . I will say Kirk would of played better .

but regardless the Jags are much better than us .

Jacksonville held the second best offense to 24 points. It was definitely Bortles and some garbage playcalling by his coaching staff.

Lets be honest, the Pats don’t win that game w/o the bogus 30 some yard penalty on Bouye for PI. 

There are two rules that need to changed this offseason by the league - but they probably won’t - 

1. Pass interference. It should be a 15 yard penalty like it is in every level of football except the NFL. It’s a judgement call by the red who’s watching two players going at top speed and usually fighting each other for the ball. It shouldn’t be deciding games!

2. The catch rule. They need to go with the college and high school rule except that you need 2 feet down. None of this you need to control it once you hit the ground crap. Again, if you secure it and get two feet down with a football move or for the end zone if you secure it and you get over the goal line, that’s a catch. It doesn’t matter what happens after you cross the goal line or after you’ve secured it with two feet down and landed in bounds for the sidelines or end line.

Theyre making these rules too complicated and it’s affecting the game and imo hurting their viewership to some extent. Football fans know what PI is and what a catch is, the only grey area seems to be with the officials.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Lets be honest, the Pats don’t win that game w/o the bogus 30 some yard penalty on Bouye for PI. 

There are two rules that need to changed this offseason by the league - but they probably won’t - 

1. Pass interference. It should be a 15 yard penalty like it is in every level of football except the NFL. It’s a judgement call by the red who’s watching two players going at top speed and usually fighting each other for the ball. It shouldn’t be deciding games!

2. The catch rule. They need to go with the college and high school rule except that you need 2 feet down. None of this you need to control it once you hit the ground crap. Again, if you secure it and get two feet down with a football move or for the end zone if you secure it and you get over the goal line, that’s a catch. It doesn’t matter what happens after you cross the goal line or after you’ve secured it with two feet down and landed in bounds for the sidelines or end line.

Theyre making these rules too complicated and it’s affecting the game and imo hurting their viewership to some extent. Football fans know what PI is and what a catch is, the only grey area seems to be with the officials.

I don't agree at all with the 15 yard PI penalty. It triggers me in college when a db gets beat and blatantly pi's a 50+ yard td and they only get a 15 yard penalty. Agree with you on the catch rule though.

8 hours ago, Slateman said:

100% wrong. Jacksonville's coaching staff didn't trust him because they knew what he was. That was probably Bortles best game ever. New England's pass defense was pathetic all season.

Their last four drives went: 3 plays, punt; 5 plays, punt; 3 plays, punt; 6 plays, turnover on downs.

In that time frame, New England scored two TDs. New England stacked the box and dared Jacksonville to pass on them. Bortles went 4 for 10 with a sack. Despite a great deal of talent at the receiver position, Jacksonville had no one to get them the ball consistently.

Completely agree here. Bortles is very limited and their coaching staff limited him further. The problem started with 55 seconds to go in the half. How do you NOT try to score?

11 hours ago, Slateman said:

What is wrong about what I said? I clearly said Kirk was better, which he is. Bortles had one of his best games, which he did. Bortles still sucks and he was never going to beat Brady. It simply wasn't going to happen. And Kirk wouldn't have won that game either. 

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

What was bogus about it? It was clearly pass interference. Don't do it if you don't want to get called for it. 

10 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Got a feeling Vikings target Cousions if Keenum isn't back . 

Lol that'd be a slap in the face if he joins them considering how much we play them . There basically a low key division rival other than the Bucs .

I don't consider any decision Kirk makes as a slap to the face. The team has proven time and time again that they don't value him the way the rest of the league does. I don't think Kirk is going to make his decision based on sticking it to Redskins fans. I think he loves the fanbase but has a major issue with Bruce. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I don't consider any decision Kirk makes as a slap to the face. The team has proven time and time again that they don't value him the way the rest of the league does. I don't think Kirk is going to make his decision based on sticking it to Redskins fans. I think he loves the fanbase but has a major issue with Bruce. 

Lol he hates Bruce that's fine . But fans like u and all of us are backing him up.

He should stay it isn't like Allen harassing him or coaching him on the field .

than again I don't blame him for choosing Minny if he does . There FO is much better than ours and actually has a coach that runs the ball.

imagine Kirk in Minnesota.. Good OL good run game good wideouts and TE.

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

What is wrong about what I said? I clearly said Kirk was better, which he is. Bortles had one of his best games, which he did. Bortles still sucks and he was never going to beat Brady. It simply wasn't going to happen. And Kirk wouldn't have won that game either. 

I dunno. The problem was that Bortles at his best, wasn't good enough. I think Kirk wins that game with that team. 

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

What was bogus about it? It was clearly pass interference. Don't do it if you don't want to get called for it. 

Then I guess I missed it. I think (IIRC) it was at best a 50/50 call (both receiver and DB were hand checking and the DB rode him out of bounds like he was supposed to do...meanwhile Brady threw an almost uncatchable ball). I'd have to go back and look at the play but I didn't necessarily see a blatant PI on that play.

Archived