2017 Preseason GDT Wk 1 Browns vs. Saints

Bucketheadsdad

5 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

He might have gone against 3s but he also played with them

he showed some pretty impressive pocket presences for being a young rookie. It could only get better when he has Thomas and friends blocking for him and giving him even more time to throw the ball.

12 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I just came by to ask

did Deshone Kizer just lead us to the first win of 2017?

Y'all can show me my respect I'll wait 

Someone make this prophet a victory lap thread.  I would but am already on thin ice with webby.

Didn't get to watch the game but k saw a cut up of all of Kizer's throws and I thought he looked solid.

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but he needs more reps against (and with) actual NFL talent.

IMO Kessler starts next week and Kizer plays about a half with the 2's and 3's.

Still not sure Kizer is ready to be the starter opening day, and I don't want to rush him, but he's definetly improving.

31 minutes ago, BwickRedux said:

Woke up and just rewatched the fourth quarter from last night - I was kinda fighting it before, but time to make this kid the starter. He'll go through growing pains early on, but so be it... he is clearly the best qb on this team

Keep in mind who he was playing against and the fact that no one has tape on him.

He's definitely the most talented, but he's still REALLY early in the process.

3 hours ago, BwickRedux said:

Woke up and just rewatched the fourth quarter from last night - I was kinda fighting it before, but time to make this kid the starter. He'll go through growing pains early on, but so be it... he is clearly the best qb on this team

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Keep in mind who he was playing against and the fact that no one has tape on him.

Yeah my mindset with him is once he is totally comfortable running the offense then you throw him out there. 

You don't want him out there if he can't execute everything that he needs to. He has to have as much opportunity to succeed as possible, and he won't be able to do that unless he's comfortable with the offense. He's still got to improve with play calling and just executing the offense. Once he's here let him play because he won't learn how to play against a NFL defense until he goes against them, but make sure he's fully confident in what we do as a offense before you put him out there. 

11 hours ago, buno67 said:

he showed some pretty impressive pocket presences for being a young rookie. It could only get better when he has Thomas and friends blocking for him and giving him even more time to throw the ball.

Imo, his pocket presence was probably more impressive than his passes. The last two guys I was this impressed with, with their pocket presence was Bridgewater and Brady.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

yeah he wasnt playing against top tier guys. He was playing against guys who were battling to make the roster but those were the same kinds of people he was playing with.

Yeah no one has tape on him, but now on that tape, everyone will see how beautiful his deep ball is, so now when he plays hopefully the mid range game will be open for him. Hopefully next week Njoku is the 2nd string TE and gets to eat up the underneath stuff with Kizer.

If he hits his deep ball at that kind if a clip, Hue is going to love Kizer and Coleman working as a combo

49 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Imo, his pocket presence was probably more impressive than his passes. The last two guys I was this impressed with, with their pocket presence was Bridgewater and Brady.

Yeah he moved around in the pocket with great confidence and keeping his eyes down field. Years pass thats a QB scramble for 3 yards or its a 4 yard dump off pass. Heck thats how it was with Brock and Kessler in the beginning.

Archived