Suh Watch

titans0021

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I’m officially convinced he’s going to the Rams the reason he’s taken too long is he’s using the titans as leverage to get the contract he wants. Suh knows he’s going to take a pay cut then has to pay taxes on that, therefore he’s has a set # of what he’ll accept to play in L.A & if they don’t meet that price he’s coming to TN. My guess is the amount of guaranteed dollars. 

Evidence?

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Evidence?

I have no physical proof, just a gut feeling based on how it’s playing out, think about it we can offer Suh the most money, but it’s not about money wit Suh at this point, he wants to win but also be put in a position to show he’s 1 of the elite DT in the game. He still wants to be paid but I think he’s willing to take a pay cut at a certain amount. I think we’re his plan B & the rams his plan A.  Ex Suh maybe asking for 25 mill G but the saints may only be offering 10-18 because they have to extend Donald, Gurley, Peters, Goff & maybe Joyner. & the titans maybe offering 35 mill G. Suh well if you want pay me 25 I’m going to TN

30 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I have no physical proof, just a gut feeling based on how it’s playing out, think about it we can offer Suh the most money, but it’s not about money wit Suh at this point, he wants to win but also be put in a position to show he’s 1 of the elite DT in the game. He still wants to be paid but I think he’s willing to take a pay cut at a certain amount. I think we’re his plan B & the rams his plan A.  Ex Suh maybe asking for 25 mill G but the saints may only be offering 10-18 because they have to extend Donald, Gurley, Peters, Goff & maybe Joyner. & the titans maybe offering 35 mill G. Suh well if you want pay me 25 I’m going to TN

He can win here, we advanced further in the playoffs than the Rams did. He will also be able to prove he's still an elite DT here playing next to Casey who is no slouch himself. Everyone's freaking out about him playing next to Donald but Casey is probably the most underrated player in the league. The only thing the Rams can offer that we can't is being on the West coast. Other than that we have the check mark in virtually every category. Don't underestimate J-Rob. He's been a wizard thus far.

God getting Suh and drafting Rashaan Evans would really shore up the middle of our D. OLB (age) and WR (proven production) are still areas of concern, but maybe improved interior helps Morgan and Rak eke out a better year than last. 

Honestly the last time I remember the Titans making a big 'splash' was when we picked up Randy Moss...

Then Fisher in all his brilliance couldn't figure out how to put both Moss and Britt on the field at the same time *facepalm*

I like Suh, and unlike other guys like Big Al, he didn't give up once he got paid. Dude has battled a lot of double teams in recent years with the Fins. If he goes to the Titans I would be beyond giddy and excited for what it will do for our defense.

But I am doing everything in my power to not set myself up for disappointment, so in my mind he has already chosen the Rams. This way if he does go in a different direction I can feel elation, rather than sadness.

26 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Honestly the last time I remember the Titans making a big 'splash' was when we picked up Randy Moss...

Then Fisher in all his brilliance couldn't figure out how to put both Moss and Britt on the field at the same time *facepalm*

I like Suh, and unlike other guys like Big Al, he didn't give up once he got paid. Dude has battled a lot of double teams in recent years with the Fins. If he goes to the Titans I would be beyond giddy and excited for what it will do for our defense.

But I am doing everything in my power to not set myself up for disappointment, so in my mind he has already chosen the Rams. This way if he does go in a different direction I can feel elation, rather than sadness.

Randy Moss was a late season wavier wire pick up. Plus he was done by that time. I wouldn't call that a splash.

1 hour ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Randy Moss was a late season wavier wire pick up. Plus he was done by that time. I wouldn't call that a splash.

It was definitely a splash in regards to name recognition. He didn't produce anything on the field, but that signing had us all excited.

Archived