• Arden Key
    • Mason Rudolph
    • Dallas Goedert
    • Derrius Guice
    • Best Available Corner
    • Jessie Bates
    • None of the above
    • Best WR Available

If Rashaan Evans and LVE are gone at 28. Which seem to be the 2 most popular picks, both among writers and those on this board.

Who's your pick?? Of guys who are most likely (potentially) available at 28. Discussion and poll 

1 minute ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I voted Harrison.

As of now, I say Steelers take Bates.

I'm still waiting to find something that really makes me like Bates and think he's worth the pick at 28.

I understand the CF and playmaking value he brings, but I haven't seen film from him that makes me go wow.

Before Burnett I would've said Harrison for sure. I think it's tougher now.

I'd still pick him, but I'm not sure they will.

They could surprise and go D.Guice if they really know Bell is here one more year,

or H.Landry if they're not picking up the option on Dupree...or surprise, Rudolph. 

A few thoughts missing from the list; C.Sutton? M.Davenport? R.Jones? S.Michel?

1 minute ago, mwalker said:

Before Burnett I would've said Harrison for sure. I think it's tougher now.

I'd still pick him, but I'm not sure they will.

They could surprise and go D.Guice if they really know Bell is here one more year,

or H.Landry if they're not picking up the option on Dupree...or surprise, Rudolph. 

A few thoughts missing from the list; C.Sutton? M.Davenport? R.Jones? S.Michel?

Yeah was gonna sneak a WR on the list, probably should've but I'd be more shocked with a WR than a RB honestly.  As for those RB's I've seen Guice in R1 to the Steelers much more than those other 2. Just my opinion though 

Think Davenport will be long gone by 28

Guice and trade Bell. He ain't staying and ain't gonna give it his all playing under a 2nd year of the tag. Guice is special but this isn't a no-brainer because his violent running style leads to injuries. I would have said Harrison before Morgan and I know Morgan is only a 3 year player but Harrison is not a generational player imo. They'll be similar (or better) Safety prospects within the next 3 years. Hubbard is just "meh" to me and I came close to saying Arden/Landry but I see them as more 2nd Rd talents. There is no need for a CB or WR that early so Guice is the choice but I hope it doesn't come down to that.  

This Thread really goes to show how the 1st Rd of this draft is really dependent on Evans. I think I'm in the minority but I'd be Ok with LVE but Evans is the superior player and if neither makes it to #28 that really puts the Steelers in a position of reaching or picking a player that isn't a #1 need. Hopefully @JPeezy55's scenario doesn't play out but if it does I'll blame him for bringing it up.  

Can you guys point out some game tape from THIS YEAR that would impress me with Harrison. One where he makes consistent tackles or has some impressive matchup in coverage. Im sort of being facetious about the tackles, but it is pretty discouraging more often than you'd like,  not discipline, Mike Mitchell big hit stuff doesn't really impress me in todays game. However, Id like to be more impressed about the coverage and haven't seen anything that raised the bar above average. I know in his earlier years I was impressed/encouraged, but not so much this year. 

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

This Thread really goes to show how the 1st Rd of this draft is really dependent on Evans. I think I'm in the minority but I'd be Ok with LVE but Evans is the superior player and if neither makes it to #28 that really puts the Steelers in a position of reaching or picking a player that isn't a #1 need. Hopefully @JPeezy55's scenario doesn't play out but if it does I'll blame him for bringing it up.  

Haha, well before the combine, I was thinking LVE would def be there and then after the combine I thought the LVE hype would drop Evans. But now I see both of them floating in the Late-Teens to Mid-20's which scares me that they both could be gone by 28

Archived