2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

Damn, I missed the second half! I was going to come on this board this morning and talk about how Rosen did not impress me at all...typical generic QB prospect, big arm, slow feet, accuracy issues, dead in the water when the O-line caves in, etc. 

Then I check the score and the reviews and wow. So apparently, Rosen's comeback was epic. 

Let's see what he does for an encore. I think for right now, he has taken the lead but we cannot forget his first half, too.

This will be fun to track all season. On a side note, sad to hear about DeFrancois'  season-ending knee injury. Hopefully he can recover because he looks good.

3 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Damn, I missed the second half! I was going to come on this board this morning and talk about how Rosen did not impress me at all...typical generic QB prospect, big arm, slow feet, accuracy issues, dead in the water when the O-line caves in, etc. 

Then I check the score and the reviews and wow. So apparently, Rosen's comeback was epic. 

Let's see what he does for an encore. I think for right now, he has taken the lead but we cannot forget his first half, too.

This will be fun to track all season. On a side note, sad to hear about DeFrancois'  season-ending knee injury. Hopefully he can recover because he looks good.

That DeFrancois season ending injury, is real bad news for us in Central Florida. Rosen is not playing with a good offensive team, they are one of the worst in the PCC. He make some unbelievable throw while under tremendous pressure, in the second half. I am sold on the kid.

I don't think I was breathing in the 4th until we took the lead. I'm just Happy Wilson got going to open up the offense.

We need to keep an eye on Alaka on A&M . Great ILB prospect. A&M always have good defensive prospects, but he stood out to me. Blowing up blockers and stuffing the run. 

On 04/09/2017 at 11:23 AM, rickyt31 said:

I don't think I was breathing in the 4th until we took the lead. I'm just Happy Wilson got going to open up the offense.

We need to keep an eye on Alaka on A&M . Great ILB prospect. A&M always have good defensive prospects, but he stood out to me. Blowing up blockers and stuffing the run. 

Honestly, I wouldn't care if the guy was the second coming of Ray Lewis. We need offense in next year's draft, early and often. If we don't take offensive players in Round 1 and both in Round 2, there is something wrong.

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Honestly, I wouldn't care if the guy was the second coming of Ray Lewis. We need offense in next year's draft, early and often. If we don't take offensive players in Round 1 and both in Round 2, there is something wrong.

You would pass up the second coming of Ray Lewis in the 2nd round just because another player plays offense?

We need to hit on the QB, both 2nd's and the 3rd next year.  Sure LT, RB, maybe C and WR are needs but if a lockdown CB of stud pass rusher is sitting there that could be one of the few early defensive positions I could see us going.  I do for the most part agree that we need to address offense but I'm still focusing on BPA because this isn't a 1 year rebuild.

16 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

You would pass up the second coming of Ray Lewis in the 2nd round just because another player plays offense?

I am exaggerating to prove my point. Enough with ignoring the offense already. We can find an inside 'backer if we needed one next year. That said, Davis + Lee should be a strength this season, and one of the few positions where we are set going into 2018. 

We can't keep ignoring the giant elephant in the room, which is the lack of proven talent on offense. The lack of impact players on offense, and even just the general lack of direction with this offense.

Who says this CAN"T be a one-year rebuild, with three high draft picks and lots of cash to spend on free agents?

If done right, it sure can be done. If we don't have the men (or women) in place to get it done, then first we must find the right people (as doumeyer has been saying for awhile now).

4 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I am exaggerating to prove my point. Enough with ignoring the offense already. We can find an inside 'backer if we needed one next year. That said, Davis + Lee should be a strength this season, and one of the few positions where we are set going into 2018. 

We can't keep ignoring the giant elephant in the room, which is the lack of proven talent on offense. The lack of impact players on offense, and even just the general lack of direction with this offense.

Who says this CAN"T be a one-year rebuild, with three high draft picks and lots of cash to spend on free agents?

If done right, it sure can be done. If we don't have the men (or women) in place to get it done, then first we must find the right people (as doumeyer has been saying for awhile now).

I think we all agree we have to go offense and QB #1.

But if we're in the 3rd and the offensive talent isn't really there but we have a shot at a ILB who can be a playmaker on the field, we have to take him. That's all I'm saying. Because if we go WR at that point and he becomes Stephen Hill while the LB becomes Patrick Willis 2.0, everyone will be back on this board talking about how Macc doesn't know what he's doing.

I also agree about the potential quick rebuild if the defense holds on and we get the right OC calling plays. If Macc plays his cards right, he can plug in all the holes with talent on offense with a number of picks and cap space.

Our defense isn't in bad shape but the offense is really really bad. Hopefully ASJ and Leggett can prove to be a decent TE group going forward, maybe a couple of WRs prove they actually have any NFL talent (bc on pretty much any other team 1/2 of WRs are on the PS). Those are the only realistic optimistic things to look forward to. Shell at RT maybe now that I think about it too. Besides that every last penny and draft pick we have should be spent on offense. I'd rather watch us have a hole at ILB, OLB and CB than watch this offense play another season.

8 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Wonderful post, you are 100% correct. The Giants rebuilt their team in one and a half years, yes we can do it too. 

Giants already have a QB and drafted arguably the most dynamic WR in football. We will NOT be good next year either but we will be better. 

On 9/6/2017 at 3:15 PM, ekill08x said:

Giants already have a QB and drafted arguably the most dynamic WR in football. We will NOT be good next year either but we will be better. 

Having a QB makes rebuilding so much easier. We either need to draft one(Darnold, Rosen, Allen), hope one we have works out(Hackenberg, Petty), sign one(Cousins, Garoppolo, Smith, ) or trade for one(Brissett)

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Having a QB makes rebuilding so much easier. We either need to draft one(Darnold, Rosen, Allen), hope one we have works out(Hackenberg, Petty), sign one(Cousins, Garoppolo, Smith, ) or trade for one(Brissett)

It's so easy to say we stink and Macc is terrible (not saying you ever said that) but I think most overlook the options available to us because of Macc. We have the cap to sign a high priced QB in FA if we want, we could possibly have a QB on our roster, we will likely have a high enough pick to take a QB if neither prior option works out, and we have the draft capital to move up if we need to as well.

You can flame Macc for the Hack pick, I still think the risk vs reward factor was worth it. I can admit he's a bad pick if nothing comes from him, I just like the thought of taking a stab at 2 QBs we liked while needing to compete with a veteran roster that we had. Let them develop and if nothing else maybe you get a back up QB out of it. Be patient, our franchise has never done a full rebuild. I'd rather see it through completely and fail than panic and revert back to  mediocrity. 

McSorley Vs Pitt 3:30PM

Rosen Vs hawaii 5PM 

Darnold Vs Stanford 8:30PM

Allen Vs Gardner-Webb 4PM

L.Jackson Vs UNC 12PM

Faulk Vs Boise St. 10:30PM

Rudolph Vs South Alabama (Tonight 8PM)

Browning Vs Montana 8PM

Stidhan vs Clemson 7PM

Mayfield vs Ohio State 7:30PM

Mayfield had another big game. After warming up last week going 19-20 , 329 yds, 3 TDs in a half against UTEP, yesterday he was27-35 for 386 yds and another 3 TDs against Ohio St. No INTs in either game. He loses Mixon, Perine and Westbrook and hasn't lost a beat. He's just so cool. Might be my favorite college player of all time. 

i was so excited for this game but even though Irma moved west of me (West Palm Beach is on east coast) the networks (ABC, Fox, CBS and NBC) have been taken over by local news and weather so I missed both this game and the USC Stanford game. The Jets are supposed to be on TV down here but I'm guessing they won't be showing any games until Irma and the tornado threats are over.

Archived