2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Serious question here, if Rosen and Darnold put enough pressure on Cleveland to not draft them/threaten to hold out, do you guys think there's a chance that Cleveland sign a QB, trades out of 1, and takes Allen, Mayfield, or Jackson with Houston's pick (likely 4)?  Speaking purely in hypotheticals because if they go that route, we could likely offer this years first, two seconds, and next years first which should be enough to get up to 1.   

Adding to this, rumor has it that Dorsey doesn't want Rosen, but is high on Mayfield.  Dorsey has seen Baker play in person 6 times.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2017/12/26/cleveland-browns-dorsey-rosen-fan/ 

Too early to tell what rumors are real and not, but it wouldn't shock me to see the Browns go for Mayfield if he lights it up during these playoffs. He's cocky, but I can see that working well for the Browns culture if he performs well. 

I'm starting to see this working well for the Jets. Cap Space to sign the best QB on the Market and have enough picks to trade up with. 

15 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Too early to tell what rumors are real and not, but it wouldn't shock me to see the Browns go for Mayfield if he lights it up during these playoffs. He's cocky, but I can see that working well for the Browns culture if he performs well. 

I'm starting to see this working well for the Jets. Cap Space to sign the best QB on the Market and have enough picks to trade up with. 

Honestly, best case scenario might be that Darnold returns and Rosen comes out.  If the Browns really don't want him, maybe we can make a play, get the number 1 pick, and the Browns can still get Mayfield at 4 assuming the Giants go Allen in that situation.  In terms of cap space, if we don't sign any more than say a McCown, we have around 100 mil to invest in numerous impact players.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Honestly, best case scenario might be that Darnold returns and Rosen comes out.  If the Browns really don't want him, maybe we can make a play, get the number 1 pick, and the Browns can still get Mayfield at 4 assuming the Giants go Allen in that situation.  In terms of cap space, if we don't sign any more than say a McCown, we have around 100 mil to invest in numerous impact players.

I was just thinking this and I like the idea if the Browns make the #1 available. We get our QB and have enough cap space to bring the right talent around him. McCown would be the right QB to bring make in this situation. 

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I was just thinking this and I like the idea if the Browns make the #1 available. We get our QB and have enough cap space to bring the right talent around him. McCown would be the right QB to bring make in this situation. 

100%.  Could you imagine getting Rosen, beefing up the o-line, drafting an RB, and signing a WR like an Allen Robinson or Davante Adams?  This offense would be set.  Add an edge like D. Lawrence and a premier CB like Rhodes or Johnson and we'll be nasty in a year or two.

QB at Senior Bowl.

-Strongest Arm to Weakest Arm

1. Kurt Benkert - Strong zip and deep.
  2. Brandon Silvers - Strong and tight zip but never saw his deep throw.
  3. Kyle Lauletta - May generate a better rpm than Mayfield. Ability to throw deep ball.
  4. Baker Mayfield - Top notch accuracy almost always goes to qb with average strength. Ability to throw deep ball just fine.
  5. Mason Rudolph - Slow in everything.  Deep ball has good distance but too high and lofty.
  6. Mike White - Strong push for distance but weak velocity.  SImiliar to Mike Glennon. Unfortunately.
  7. Luke Falk - flat and softy short pass.

-Non Air Raid experience

• Kyle Lauletta - 4 different offenses
  • Mike White - 2 years under Brohm prior to Air Raid this year.

-Highest Notable

• Baker Mayfield -  being around 70 comp for 3 straight years.
  • Mason Rudolph - 4 year starter.
  • Mike White - Smarty quarterback.

- Good Size

• Brandon Silvers - 6 3 and frame.
  • Kurt Benkert - 6 3 and solid girth.
  • Baker Mayfield - 6 0 and well girth.
  • Luke Falk -  Tall and slender.
  • Mason Rudolph - Taller and slender.  Been that way for 3 years. umm.
  • Kyle Lauletta -  not enough information.  Never seen him on tv live.
  • Mike White - Tall and thin.  Really need to continue bulking up to generate better rpm in velocity.

-Potential top 2 QB a squad

• Baker Mayfield - #1
  • Mason Rudolph - #1 or #2
  • Kurt Benkert - #1 or #2
  • Kyle Lauletta - #2

I think that is all before they actually practice and play in Mobile.  Mobile usually has a windy condition so that would be perfect test for Mayfield.

Archived