2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

53 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I agree. 

I'm on the " Do what ever it takes" wagon.  Spend the money or trade the picks, but get the guy. 

ONLY if it’s their guy.

id assume there would be 2 QBs maybe 3 they really like. If they can get one cool. But what I don’t want them to do is panic and reach. I’ll take a very strong pass rusher or offensive linemen over a QB they aren’t so sure about but he plays the position. 

I might be crazy but I don’t think a scenario in which we don’t draft a qb or sign Cousins is too far fetched. 

Hype alone is going to inflate the cost to trade to 1 or 2 so we absolutely cannot whiff on it 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

95 percent of college qbs don't scan the field well. That is bothering me. In NFL's scouting process, all qbs will be asked to go thru progression. I hope Jets get one that can scan the field well.   That is what my bandwagon's description is.

There is a difference between not scanning well and not scanning at all. 

You can watch Rosen, Darnold, and Allen scan the field when their #1 target isn't open and make plays. I look for that and the ability to keep their eyes down field when they have to leave the pocket. Lock doesn't look for a 2nd option at all. I didn't notice until I watched the Auburn game and his highlights. I'm not writing him off, but it's something I'm a little worried about. Just makes adapting the NFL more difficult when a QB isn't used to looking for a 2nd or 3rd target. If we pulled in someone like Cousins, Lock would be a great pick in the 2nd or 3rd. 

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

ONLY if it’s their guy.

id assume there would be 2 QBs maybe 3 they really like. If they can get one cool. But what I don’t want them to do is panic and reach. I’ll take a very strong pass rusher or offensive linemen over a QB they aren’t so sure about but he plays the position. 

I might be crazy but I don’t think a scenario in which we don’t draft a qb or sign Cousins is too far fetched. 

Hype alone is going to inflate the cost to trade to 1 or 2 so we absolutely cannot whiff on it 

Of course. 

We're going to either draft, sign or trade for a QB, but we will have someone that gives us hope. lol 

We have to end our annual QB hunt. 

54 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

There is a difference between not scanning well and not scanning at all. 

You can watch Rosen, Darnold, and Allen scan the field when their #1 target isn't open and make plays. I look for that and the ability to keep their eyes down field when they have to leave the pocket. Lock doesn't look for a 2nd option at all. I didn't notice until I watched the Auburn game and his highlights. I'm not writing him off, but it's something I'm a little worried about. Just makes adapting the NFL more difficult when a QB isn't used to looking for a 2nd or 3rd target. If we pulled in someone like Cousins, Lock would be a great pick in the 2nd or 3rd. 

Absolutely. That is only way to stabilize qb situation.

Too early to call what a team would do, but I'm assuming we'll have to trade up unless we sign someone. I'm not going to say anyone is out of reach because there is so much that can happen. We can trade up to either one of the Browns picks or with the Colts. Giants could go OT or Josh Allen. It's going to be really interesting. 

If Darnold comes out, the #3 pick would be fine, IMO. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

Too early to call what a team would do, but I'm assuming we'll have to trade up unless we sign someone. I'm not going to say anyone is out of reach because there is so much that can happen. We can trade up to either one of the Browns picks or with the Colts. Giants could go OT or Josh Allen. It's going to be really interesting. 

If Darnold comes out, the #3 pick would be fine, IMO. 

You always use the word "early".  Come on, be a jerk sometimes. lol.

New regime and FA action definitely affect the draft plan. Giants have no HC so we don't know which prospect that will be highly coveted at 2nd or 3rd.   Oh man, are we going to talk about Giants for 4 freaking months? eh?

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

You always use the word "early".  Come on, be a jerk sometimes. lol.

New regime and FA action definitely affect the draft plan. Giants have no HC so we don't know which prospect that will be highly coveted at 2nd or 3rd.   Oh man, are we going to talk about Giants for 4 freaking months? eh?

lol You're right. I'll play along. 

Yeah, we're riding on the Giants unless the Browns and Colts announce their picks are available for trade or we sign Cousins. So we're going to be picking apart the Giants decisions until then. I think we might have a good shot at Rosen. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I hope we don’t like Clemson’s DE. Isn’t what the defense needs. More of a larger edge rusher than a speed edge rusher like we need. We have a bad habit of drafting guys like this. Mo, Sheldon, Coples and Leo.

Yeah I want nothing to do with either Clemson Rusher, only edges I want Round 1 are Chubb, Landry, and Maybe Key

Archived