2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

Just now, Dr.O said:

Starting to warm up to Arden Key, still have concerns about his durability/injury history.

I heard he has a shady character that could knock him off 1st round.  Dunno if it is true but watch out for that.

I also hear Davenport may be top 15 prospect. umm.

Damn. Jeremiah Briscoe will be 25 years old by 2018's opening week.  I kind of wish he is 21 years old.  Josh McCown and Briscoe being on the same team would be cool. Sam Houston State alumni. lol.

Anyway, qbs on shrine roster don't excite me that much.  JT Barrett accepts to play there. Riley Ferguson?  I like Nick Stevens but I don't expect him to play in year 1.   Check out centers in case if Jets don't address that high. Jake Bennett of CSU, Coleman Shelton of Washington and Austin Golson of AUburn.  All of them have size concerns at the moment.  RB Chase Edmonds is nice scat player.  E Marcell Frazier of Mizz is an interesting prospect although he seemingly does what Marshawn Lynch has done when it comes to media.. That's it.

Edit... excuse me... Brad Lundblade, center, is there as well.  I hope I can track all practice update on centers.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Probably loves 1 of their DLinemsn or Safeties.

Lol. In reality though, if Darnold returns to school it becomes more possible that CLE deals that pick. Apparently John Dorsey wasn't a fan of his before taking the Browns job, not sure why that would change. Also, Macc has tried moving up for QBs every year since he's gotten here. The higher draft position we get, the easier it will become. 

10 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

We can all stop scouting QBs...there's a chance The Hack (QBOF) will be playing this Sunday. He is no longer playing with the scout team. His career has been progressing quickly lately. Everything is pointing up.

My faith has been restored. Sign me up 

I told ya.  I saw that coming. lol.

Anyway,  you remember David Quessenberry of San Diego State.  He was one of Maccagnan's favorite prospects when he was with Texans.  Now, his brother Scott playing center for UCLA.  That is a ******* connection, right there.

10 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Lol. In reality though, if Darnold returns to school it becomes more possible that CLE deals that pick. Apparently John Dorsey wasn't a fan of his before taking the Browns job, not sure why that would change. Also, Macc has tried moving up for QBs every year since he's gotten here. The higher draft position we get, the easier it will become. 

I knew he looked into trade up for Mariota year 1. But price was too much. Same with Wentz year 2. But who did he try and trade up for last draft?

The Colts/Texans game could be clutch for us.  If the Colts lose and the Giants win, the Colts get 2, and we could trade.  If the Texans lose, they could move up to 3, so if the Browns have 1 and 3 and Darnold doesn't come out, the Browns could trade out of 1 and take Mayfield at 3. Obviously a lot of different situations, but Sunday could be the most important day in this team's history in a while. 

Archived