2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

On 2/6/2018 at 3:09 PM, Bobby816 said:

Really trying to scout these 2nd Roundish Edge rushers to find a gem. I think we go Edge in Round 2. There’s a few good options in FA, but I see them all being tagged or resigning. I could see us taking Chubb at 6, but I think we go after 1 at 37 or 49. I’ll keep doing my scouting on them. OO is the biggest one that sticks out to me so far along with the raw talent of Josh Sweat.

Many have been sleeping on Kemoko Turay and Duke Ejiofor. I believe both are day 2 picks. 

Also keep an eye on Uchenna Nwosu. He's like Turay in that he'll likely get drafted on day 2 based on athletic gifts alone. I'd like to see him carry weight around 255 with his frame, but otherwise he's going to be a piece of clay for a team to mold as a LB or EDGE. Absolutely think we can see him gain momentum leading up to the draft the way Clay Matthews did, but more likely a 2nd round pick than a 1st. 

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Many have been sleeping on Kemoko Turay and Duke Ejiofor. I believe both are day 2 picks. 

Also keep an eye on Uchenna Nwosu. He's like Turay in that he'll likely get drafted on day 2 based on athletic gifts alone. I'd like to see him carry weight around 255 with his frame, but otherwise he's going to be a piece of clay for a team to mold as a LB or EDGE. Absolutely think we can see him gain momentum leading up to the draft the way Clay Matthews did, but more likely a 2nd round pick than a 1st. 

Agree with this. Oddly you brought up Uchenna Nwosu... who I actually was really getting inndeoth into this week. I really think he can be a big target for us bc if his versatility and athleticism to go along with being an edge presence. I haven’t brought this up yet, but I feel it should be noted and it’s simething I’ve read about Nwosu. He’s another natural leader. Look at our 1st 3 draft picks last year. All natural leaders. It’s something I think we might keep a trend of in this draft as well. So I’m looking for who we’re kewders for there team an a captain. Nwosu fits that along with a good skill set.

17 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Agree with this. Oddly you brought up Uchenna Nwosu... who I actually was really getting inndeoth into this week. I really think he can be a big target for us bc if his versatility and athleticism to go along with being an edge presence. I haven’t brought this up yet, but I feel it should be noted and it’s simething I’ve read about Nwosu. He’s another natural leader. Look at our 1st 3 draft picks last year. All natural leaders. It’s something I think we might keep a trend of in this draft as well. So I’m looking for who we’re kewders for there team an a captain. Nwosu fits that along with a good skill set.

Correct. Jets are going to continue targeting high character guys early in the draft. Continuing to rebuild the culture is just as important as bringing in the requisite talent... 

16 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I feel like Tremaine Edmunds is going to get consideration at 6 if we sign Cousins, especially after he lights up the combine. 

I like Edmunds more than Montgomery, but think both still aren’t 6th pick worthy.

11 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

I feel like Tremaine Edmunds is going to get consideration at 6 if we sign Cousins, especially after he lights up the combine. 

All rides on his combine performance. Ro Smith is still my favorite ILB, but Tre's physical features at ILB is insane.

24 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

All rides on his combine performance. Ro Smith is still my favorite ILB, but Tre's physical features at ILB is insane.

His ability to play inside and outside is going to be a big draw for Mac and Bowles I feel.  He's very Hightower-esque who we had interest in where you can play him inside or outside where he can rush or cover.  His versatility and upside can't be ignored.  I'd bet he's very high on the list if we land Cousins.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

His ability to play inside and outside is going to be a big draw for Mac and Bowles I feel.  He's very Hightower-esque where you can play him inside or outside where he can rush or cover.  His versatility and upside can't be ignored.  I'd bet he's very high on the list if we land Cousins.

He's a great player, but we've seen players who were great on the field fall to a bad performance in the combine. If he lights it up, he can be a top 10 pick.

I watched Ro Smith play and I couldn't find a weak spot in his game. I've seen him back as far as 40 yards down the field making plays. His sideline speed is insane.

4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

He's a great player, but we've seen players who were great on the field fall to a bad performance in the combine. If he lights it up, he can be a top 10 pick.

I watched Ro Smith play and I couldn't find a weak spot in his game. I've seen him back as far as 40 yards down the field making plays. His sideline speed is insane.

We took that guy in Lee already.  Smith is certainly a playmaker but can get washed out just like Lee has been in his brief NFL career.

Can't get behind Smith at 6, way bigger needs.  Edmunds has everything we could ask for.  Freak athlete, made plays in college and isn't just a combine warrior, high upside at only 19 and can play multiple positions both inside and outside (rush and cover).  I have Edmunds easily ranked above Smith for those reasons.

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

We took that guy in Lee already.  Smith is certainly a playmaker but can get washed out just like Lee has been in his brief NFL career.

Can't get behind Smith at 6, way bigger needs.  Edmunds has everything we could ask for.  Freak athlete, made plays in college and isn't just a combine warrior, high upside at only 19 and can play multiple positions both inside and outside (rush and cover).  I have Edmunds easily ranked above Smith for those reasons.

You haven't watched Smith, have you?

Georgia LB Roquan Smith was a model of consistency in run defense this season - registering 70 total tackles and 37 total stops against the run - without missing a tackle. Both were most in the FBS without a single missed tackle.

giphy.gif

Archived